Employee at car dealership suffers brutal beatdown by three suspects after ‘car sale’ turns into robbery


ATLANTA, GA –A Team Auto Salesman was trying to close the deal on the sale of a car.  Instead of negotiation, the three people decided they were going to attack him instead of buying a car.

Team Auto Sales in Atlanta Georgia was the location where a car deal went bad.  Eric Mill, the owner, alleged that one of his managers at the store was badly beaten while trying to make a car sale.  Mill said:

“He [victim] really had no chance as far as defending himself, it happened so fast.  The paperwork that they were filling out, that they were writing notes to themselves, as far as when they were going to attack.”

Surveillance cameras in the businesses captured the vicious attack on the unsuspecting manager.  The three people beat him up, ransacked the office, and attempted to take a safe.  Mill said:

“He rushed him, the other two came behind and they started jumping him.  He fought back.”

One of the suspects was wearing a surgical mask during the beating.  The other two wore hoodies which concealed their faces to the camera.

Mill said this is not the first time that the car dealership has been robbed, however, it is the most violent one to date.  Mill said, after the robbery, that he is going to have some type of safety training taught to his staff.  Mill said:

“Unfortunately, in these times we have to protect ourselves to a point where we literally are not victim of trying to be doing business in the community.  We want to be able to feel safe as well as be able to move forward without there having to be more loss of life.”

In a somewhat similar story out of Salt Lake City, a man who worked at a car dealership went for a test drive with someone who he thought was a customer.  It was a few minutes into the test drive when he realized something was wrong.

The incident started when Caleb Robert Gibson walked into a car dealership and asked for a test drive.  As is normal, the test drive was granted, and the salesman went along with Gibson for the drive.

According to the arrest affidavit:

“The A/P [accused person] went to a car dealership to test drive a vehicle.  The victim, who was the sales associate with the dealership, was with the A/P when the A/P was conducting a test drive.”

The salesman must have been surprised to realize that Gibson allegedly had no interest in buying the car, but rather using it to complete different trips throughout the city.  When the salesman told Gibson to return to the dealership, he refused.

The salesman had no clue what Gibson was allegedly up to and grew more concerned that he might face harm if he did not receive help.  As a result, the salesman tried convincing Gibson to return to the car dealership or he would call 911. 

The salesman told Gibson that if he did not stop and go back to the dealership that he was going to call 911.  This did not phase Gibson as he then allegedly began driving recklessly, reaching speeds of 100 miles per hour and rolling the windows down while on the interstate. The affidavit said:

“The victim told the A/P that he was going to call 911.  When the victim was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher the A/P started driving 100 mph on the freeway, turned the music up and rolled all the windows down.

“The victim believed that the A/P was doing this so that the dispatcher could not hear him to provide his address.”

The salesman continued his plea to go back to the dealership, but Gibson allegedly turned the music up and lowered the windows so that he was drowned out by the noise.  The salesman, who was not named, then called 911 asking for help.

A Utah State Trooper was dispatched and was able to locate the vehicle Gibson was allegedly driving and effected a traffic stop.  When the trooper made contact with Gibson, he or she heard a much different, yet completely less believable account.  The affidavit said:

“Utah Highway Patrol located the vehicle and conducted a traffic stop.  Post Miranda, the A/P stated he was scared of the sales associate because he kept yelling at him and grabbing the steering wheel trying to have him pull the vehicle over.

“The A/P stated that he was scared to stop the car and kept driving.”

Police did not buy Gibson’s account of not stopping because he was scared of the salesman and placed him under arrest for kidnapping.  He is currently being held in the Salt Lake County Jail where he is being held without bond.

No one really knows what Gibson’s reasoning was for basically stealing a car and taking the salesman on a joy ride.  After all, he claimed that he was not kidnapping the salesman, he only kept driving because he was scared of him. 

However, the salesman is concerned that there may be some type of issue when Gibson is eventually released from jail.  What, if anything Gibson does when he is released remains to be seen.

The salesman in this case is concerned of Gibson retaliating against him when he is eventually released from jail.  The victim believes that Gibson knows where he works and is afraid that he will come to the dealership to “cause problems.” 

Chicago: Police arrest ten-time convicted felon in brutal robbery and assault of elderly woman

CHICAGO, IL – An update in the investigation of an attack and robbery of an 85-year-old woman has resulted in an arrested, according to police. The 45-year-old year old suspect in custody is said to have already made his initial appeared in court on August 29th.

Chicago Police arrested Tony Davis on August 28th after the suspect was initially stopped for what was cited as a CTA violation, according to reports.

While details have not surfaced as to what led police to allege he was the suspect involved in the August 25th attack against an elderly woman, video of the incident likely helped bring about a positive ID.

Employee at car dealership suffers brutal beatdown by three suspects after 'car sale' turns into robbery
Tony Davis – Chicago Police Department

The 85-year-old victim was brutally robbed on August 25th as she was entering her condo’s rear entryway. With Davis being the man alleged to have violently taken the woman down to the ground during the robbery, he has been since been charged with aggravated battery and robbery.

According to prosecutors, she was returning to her Michigan Avenue condo after making a trip to a nearby UPS Store.

That’s when Davis walked up behind her and violently pulled on her purse’s shoulder strap.

He’s a large man.  State records show he stands 6’1” tall and weighs 240 pounds.

His attack sent the woman flying to the ground with enough force to knock her unconscious.  Once she was out, he continued to yank on her purse until the strap broke, video shows.

Doctors at Northwestern Memorial Hospital had to use multiple staples to close a cut on the back of the woman’s head. 

Officers spotted him after the attack as he slept on a bus stop near State and Illinois streets in River North.

After searching his home, they said they found a distinctive red hat and shoes that the attacker wore.

Davis has quite the history of arrests, according to CPD records. He’s reportedly had at least 11 different arrests prior to the latest charges levied against him.

Prior arrests include multiple instances of retail theft, multiple instances of criminal trespassing, aggravated battery, disorderly conduct, and possession of drug paraphernalia among other charges.

Davis was paroled in February, and now Judge Arthur Willis has ordered him held without bail.

Here’s our original report on the case, accompanied by the disturbing footage of the attack.


CHICAGO, IL – An unsettling video has surfaced from Chicago, showcasing an 85-year-old woman getting mugged outside her home. As if gang-related violence and shootings weren’t enough to worry about in the Windy City, now add crimes against the elderly to the list of things to worry about.

The disturbing crime occurred on August 25 at around 10:30 a.m., right outside the victim’s parking garage entrance to her condominium at 158 E. Grand Ave.

As the elderly woman was making her way through the entryway, the suspect snuck up behind her and yanked her violently to the ground while trying to snatch her purse.


The video shows the victim fall to the ground, striking her head on the pavement. It shows her lying there motionless for a moment, and then begin to move her hand.

Witnesses nearby say that the suspect in the video was accompanied by two other people.

The condition of the elderly victim is unknown as of this time, but she was reportedly taken to Northwestern Memorial Hospital after the attack.

As for the suspect, police are asking for the public’s assistance in identifying the man behind the violent mugging.

Horror: Brazen criminal violently mugs 85-year-old Chicago woman outside her home, in broad daylight.
Suspect in mugging of 85-year-old woman – Chicago Police Department

He appears to be a black male, wearing a red baseball cap, white shoes, white-striped black track pants, and a gray and black windbreaker at the time of the crime.

Anyone with information on the suspect’s identity or whereabouts is asked to please call Area Three detectives at (312) 744-8263.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Chicago is experiencing crime unlike other cities in the country it seems. 

During the ongoing violent crime spree that has overtaken the city of Chicago, a 14-year-old girl was reportedly stabbed to death and a 15-year-old girl was stabbed near the eye on Aug. 26. 

According to Chicago Police, the incident occurred just before 9 p.m. on South Parnell Avenue. Three girls were involved in some type of dispute with five other people, possibly stemming from some type of social media argument.

During the altercation, a female in the larger group began stabbing two girls with a knife, and a 38-year-old woman was hit in the head with a bottle.

The 14-year-old girl was stabbed in her chest and stomach area and was rushed to the University of Chicago Medical Center. She was pronounced deceased after arrival.

The second girl who was stabbed, a 15-year-old, received wounds under her eye and was transported to St Bernard Hospital. Police say that she is listed in good medical condition.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First



Related Posts