Progressive Democrat LA mayor hopeful who votes 100% against gun rights, has house broken into and firearms stolen

Share:

LOS ANGELES, CA – Progressive Congresswoman Karen Bass, who is also running for mayor of Los Angeles, announced that her home was burglarized durning the evening hours on Friday, September 9th.

Los Angeles, like several other large cities in California, continue to experience a spike in crime, and it is one of the top concerns for voters in the upcoming election. In a campaign statement, Bass said:

“Last night, I came home and discovered that my house had been broken into and burglarized. LAPD was called and I appreciate their assistance. At this time, it appears that only two firearms, despite being safely and securely stored, were stolen.”

She added:

“Cash, electronics and other valuables were not. It’s unnerving and, unfortunately, it’s something that far too many Angelenos have faced.”

According to other reports, based off the statement Bass made, it sounds like the thief new Bass and/or Bass knew the thief since only her two firearms were stolen, which she claims were “safely and securely stored.”

In addition to that, another odd thing about the announcement of her house being burglarized is that the Democrat politician is a supporter of Fidel Castro and is a gun owner.

History shows that Bass has voted against every major legislation supporting gun rights and gun ownership. Below is a rundown of Bass’ voting record on Second Amendment rights:

Bass supports restricting gun purchase and possession;

She supported the Project Vote Smart (PVS) survey question on gun restrictions, which summarizes candidates stances on gun issues and whether or not they support restrictions on purchases and possession of guns;

Bass supports banning large-capacity ammunition and she co-sponsored the Large Capacity Ammunition Feeding Device Act;

She was a proponent of amending the Brandy Handgun Violence Prevention Act, which included details like prohibiting the transfer or possession of a large capacity ammunition feeding device; and

She wanted to repeal the “stand-your-ground-laws and she co-sponsored Resolution on Gun Violence, which in a congressional summary indicated that the bill urged Congress to enact legislation based on the President’s recommendations to reduce gun violence as well as push states to repeal enacted stand-your-ground-laws and condemn gun violence.

https://fundourpolice.com/

Democrat politicians like Bass clearly do not want citizens of the United States to lawfully possess firearms, yet she keeps her own stashed in her house for her own protection.

The burglary of Bass’ home comes as surging crime becomes a hot issue in Los Angeles causing nearly a half of million residents to sign their names on a petition to recall progressive District Attorney George Gascon.

That recall effort ultimately failed in August. Data from earlier in the year shows that shootings in Los Angeles are up by 69 percent since 2020 and violent crime is up by 7.2 percent compared to 2021.

Robberies are up by 18.5 percent and car thefts are up by 40 percent. Earlier in the year, Bass told Fox News that her plan, if elected as mayor, is to “be smart on crime.”

Bass, a former state lawmaker who has spent the last 10 years representing a congressional district that covers areas south and west of downtown Los Angeles, stated that she is “calling for hiring civilians so those officers can be on the beat.”

She added that she is, “also calling for hiring some 200-400 officers … I also believe in making a serious investment in crime prevention.”

A poll released in late August indicates that Bass leads her opponent, billionaire developer Rick Caruso by 12 points.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Los Angeles County citizens have gotten enough signatures to move forward with a recall of liberal prosecutor

July 11th, 2022

LOS ANGELES, CA – Citizens in Los Angeles County have collected enough signatures to start a recall effort to remove embattled District Attorney George Gascon.

The men and women who have been spearheading the project are hoping that voters in the county will remove him from office, much like the successful recall effort of former San Francisco District Attorney Chesa Boudin.

The effort to get the recall effort on the ballot has been a successful one according to county election officials in Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, Dean Logan, reported his office had completed the first step of the review of the signatures and is moving forward with the review and verification of them.

Logan’s initial count shows that 715,833 people have agreed that Gascon needs to be removed while only 566,857 are required to force the recall election. Logan’s office reported:

“As authorized in the California Elections Code – 11225 –the RR/CC will use the random sampling technique for the verification of petition signatures. The random sample is 5% of the total number of signatures submitted.

“Based on the random sampling results, the petition will be certified as sufficient, require verification of all signatures submitted, or certified as insufficient…If the petition meets the sufficiency requirement, the RR/CC must certify sufficiency to the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors at its next regular meeting.”

If all of the signatures are certified by election officials in time, the recall effort could be placed on the November 8th general election ballot. If not, the Registrar’s Office advises that a special election would need to be called which would not take place until this December or January of 2023.

Organizers of the recall effort released a statement on July 5th after the initial results of the recall effort were announced. They said:

“The sheer magnitude of this [recall] effort, and time and investment required to get to this point, show how strong the public desire is to remove George Gascon from office.

From day one, this recall has been led by the very victims who Gascon has abandoned, ignored and dismissed. When the recall qualifies, he will not be able to ignore them any longer.”

Gascon has defended his policies saying that the apparent rise in crime rates in the county has nothing to do with his approach to prosecuting alleged criminals. During a press conference last year, Gascon noted that he is working to change the criminal justice system that has “served no one.” He said:

“We are trying to dramatically change a system that has served no one, not the victims of crime, not those who are accused and not the public.”

Gascon continues to defend his stance despite the number of people in Los Angeles County that believe his approach is causing more people to be victimized. Gascon appeared at an unrelated press conference and spoke to ABC 7 about the effort:

“The recall rules are fairly lax in the State of California, it requires a very low threshold. You don’t have to show criminal intent. You don’t have to show malfeasance. It’s very easy. We don’t like you, boom. We want to start a recall.

“But, be as it may, I understand the process and we’re ready. If they get the signatures, we feel very strongly that we will succeed. If they don’t get the signatures, I’m sure there will be another recall attempt.”

https://fundourpolice.com/

Far-left District Attorney Gascon issues shocking statement to LA after his policies got two cops murdered

LOS ANGELES, CA – Hard-left Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon issued a stunning statement in response to the outrage over his policies that just got two police officers murdered.

He told the public to “stop playing politics with trauma.” The statement was issued Friday, three days after two El Monte police officers were gunned down while on a call. He said:

“Our office is committed to providing support for the loved ones of the victims who lost a life.

“We also hope people will stop playing politics with trauma and that we can all get serious about how we prevent serious violence before it begins. We will be working with anyone who is willing to solve these problems.”

Gascon is at the top of the list of George Soros-backed, soft-on-crime district attorneys facing recall, now that San Francisco’s Chesa Boudin has been recalled and Philadelphia’s Larry Krasner faces impeachment.

The LA district attorney was among the most heavily financed by George Soros, and Gascon’s policies have caused a 12% increase in crime since he took office in 2020.

The woke prosecutor is being blamed by many across the nation for Justin Flores, 35, being free when he gunned down El Monte Police Department Cpl. Michael Paredes and Officer Joseph Santana on Tuesday.

The felon, who had his gang allegiance tattooed on his face, was walking the streets even though he was accused of breaking his probation by illegally carrying a gun.

 

 

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) slammed Gascon after the DA issued a statement offering “heartfelt condolences” to the slain officers’ families.  Cruz tweeted Wednesday:

“Officers Paredes and Santana gave their lives in the service of their fellow citizens.

“It is outrageous the murderer was not in jail due to the reckless actions of George Gascon, a radical, soft-on-crime, Soros-backed DA.”

Officer Santana’s Mother, Olga Garcia, blamed Gascon for creating an environment that encourages criminals to commit violence across the city. Garcia said:

“He has insane ideas about giving criminals a slap on the hand. We need to enforce our laws so more police officers don’t die.”

Gascon gives lawbreakers “more rights than police officers,” Garcia added.

The calls are growing for the city to rid itself of a prosecutor who refuses to prosecute and who is driven by an ideology that is counter to public safety. Ron Danison, president of the El Monte Police Officers’ Association, said:

“George Gascón, you do not get to continue to use our streets and our brothers and our sisters in your experiment. You have failed the public, you have failed these families.”

Kurt Schlichter, an Army veteran and lawyer with more than 450,000 followers on Twitter, was blunt:

“Gascon flat out murdered those guys. Recall this piece of garbage.”

 

 

Jennifer Van Laar, managing editor of Red State, tweeted:

“George Gascon, you are getting police officers — and lots of other people — murdered. TIME TO GO.”

Kevin Dalton, a candidate for the LA Board of Supervisors, also said the officers would “still be alive today if not for the policies of George Gascon.” He added:

“George Gascon should be charged with accessory to murder x 2.”

Flores had been prohibited from carrying a gun since 2011, but was free despite pleading no contest in February 2021 to possessing a firearm as a felon, the Los Angeles Times reported Wednesday.

That could have sent him to prison for three years. Instead, he was sentenced to two years probation and 20 days in jail, which he had already served.

He was warned that if he was found with any weapons he could still get that three-year prison term, the LA Times reported. His probation officer had filed a request for a revocation hearing for “desertion” on Monday, a day before the murders.

He had been accused of attacking his girlfriend but was not arrested. Officials have said they were “currently investigating” why he hadn’t been arrested.


Flores — who had “Quiet” tattooed on his face, declaring his allegiance to the Quiet Village gang — had stabbed his ex-wife, Diana Flores, days earlier, she told NBC LA.

He was trying to confront her at the Siesta Inn motel where she was hiding from him Tuesday when he opened fire on the two officers, she told the outlet.

 

 

Flores committed suicide at the scene while the officers died later in a local hospital.

The fresh outrage at Gascon’s policies came on the same day that a group trying to recall him said it had reached the required 567,000 signatures.

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Share:
Submit a Correction
Related Posts