Cop Church Chattanooga recently conducted an extensive survey. The goal was to discover needs, and tailor a response to meet those needs.
New Resources Available
I am excited to announce the launch of my new podcast “The Watch Your Six Podcast” – the new go-to resource for law enforcement officers, spouses, and family members!!
You can subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or in Google Play, or you can copy this RSS feed into your favorite podcast app: http://watchyoursix.libsyn.com/rss. You can also listen on the website. Each episode has a page for show notes and an audio player to listen.
If you enjoy the podcast, please SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW it in your app so others can find it and know what you think.
The first three episodes have posted, with new episodes coming each Monday beginning January 30th. Here’s what’s available so far, and there is AMAZING VALUE and PRACTICAL ADVICE that will benefit you. These are not simply interviews, but information that you can apply and reference as you navigate your career.
– Episode 000 – Intro and Background of the Podcast
– Episode 001 – Interview with Stephen Kendrick (producer of Courageous, Fireproof/The Love Dare, and War Room). He offers great advice and support of LE.
– Episode 002 – Police Wife Heidi Hogan talks about how she started a wives group in KC, creative ways to support your officer and the officers in your area, and their upcoming marriage conference.
– Episode 003 – Rob Michaels of Serve & Protect talks about recognizing the signs and symptoms of PTSD, how to get help, and what will happen when you reach out for help.
– Episode 004 – Nationally recognized Law Enforcement Trainer Brian Willis applies “Life’s Most Important Question: W.I.N. – What’s Important Now?” to the 6 areas we discuss.
– Episode 005 – LE and Military Veteran Mike Swihart talks about surviving 2 police shootings, one in which he was critically wounded, and how you can survive your incident.
– Episode 006 – Linda Swihart shares from a spouse’s perspective about how to deal with critical incidents or support other spouses who are dealing with one.
Looking to the Future
As you can see, there is GREAT CONTENT coming your way. Every episode will have show notes with links and other resources included on The Watch Your Six Podcast web page.
Again, if you enjoy the podcast, don’t forget to please SUBSCRIBE, RATE, and REVIEW it in your app so that others can find it and know what you think. You can also contact me with ideas for shows or areas of need that you’d like to see addressed.
I look forward to serving my brothers and sisters and their families in 2017. Stay tuned!!!
Jonathan Parker earned a Master of Divinity in Ministry Leadership from Pentecostal Theological Seminary in Cleveland, TN. He and his wife Meredith are the founding pastors of Cop Church Chattanooga.
Jonathan is an Ordained Minister in the Church of God (Cleveland, TN), and has served in various ministry capacities since 2001.
He joined the Chattanooga Police Department in 2007, where he presently serves as a School Resource Officer and Adjunct Training Instructor.
He is the Founder and President of Covered Law Enforcement, and is a member of the National Board of Directors for the Fellowship of Christian Peace Officers-USA.
(Photos courtesy Jonathan Parker and Kits Photography)