Convicted pedophile, Antifa member who allegedly stabbed black Trump supporter bailed out in Portland


PORTLAND, OR – In late July, a convicted sex offender and Antifa-enthusiast reportedly stabbed a black Trump supporter who was documenting footage of riots in Portland.

Now, the sex offender and alleged stabber in the July case has been bailed out, and sources are pointing to a bail fund established for Antifa militants that aims to get their “comrades” out of jail.

Police arrested Blake David Hampe on July 25th for allegedly stabbing Drew Duncomb with a 7-inch knife in his lower-right flank, after Duncomb had asked by Hampe was following him while he was documenting footage of the riots.

As of August 13th, Hampe was freed from jail after his bond was posted, which was set at $250,000. A GoFundMe account known as the PDX Protest Bail Fund has amassed over $1.3 million in funds made exclusively for bailing out rioters for covering their legal costs.

Considering most bail bonds companies only require a 10% payment to get someone out of jail, Hampe’s case would realistically cost about $25,000 to get him back on the streets again.

The PDX Protest Bail Fund, with their near 30K donors, is kind enough to have an online document that showcases everything they spend the funds on. And wouldn’t you know it, there were three bail amounts noted on the expense sheets on August 17th which two are for slightly over $25K and one for just over $50K.

Convicted pedophile, Antifa member who allegedly stabbed black Trump supporter bailed out in Portland
Bail fund transparency document shows outgoing payment on August 17, four days after Hampe was released

What that likely points to is that one of the checks cut for people getting bailed out of jail in Portland could’ve been for Hampe since the numbers align for someone getting their 10% needed for bail bond company to cover a $250K bond.

The Post Millennial had reached out to the bail fund in regard to Hampe, who was convicted of possessing child pornography that was discovered by Homeland Security, to see if they’d confirm that they paid for his bail. As of this time, PDX Protest Bail Fund has not responded to those inquiries.

Here’s our original report on when the stabbing transpired back in July. 


During another weekend of unrest in downtown Portland, a videographer was stabbed in the early morning hours of July 25th. 

According to the Portland Police Bureau (PPB), a crowd gathered outside the federal courthouse for what began as a peaceful protest. However, at around 11 p.m., the protest turned violent with people shaking the fence around the federal courthouse and throwing fireworks. 

The police said that hundreds of people remained along the fence, attempting to pull it or push it in an attempt to break it down. Some even attempted to cut it down using power tools that they brought with them to the protest.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

According to police, many people in the crowd were armed with gas masks, shields, leaf blowers, power tools, fireworks, and lasers.

Hours later, at around 2:30 a.m., police received word that an individual was stabbed. The victim, since identified as Andrew Duncomb, 25, said that he was stabbed for being a conservative journalist. Duncomb films demonstrations and other political events under the nickname, “Black Rebel.”

Duncomb, a Black man and a vocal supporter of President Trump, told Oregon Live that he had traveled to Portland from his home in Northern California, to document the nightly protests outside the Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse and Justice Center.

He said in a statement:

“My main goal was to show that it wasn’t just the feds creating the problems.”

According to Duncomb, the trouble started just before 2:30 a.m. on July 25th, when a group began trailing him and a few of his friends for several blocks. He said that eventually he handed his video camera to a friend and decided to confront one of the men from the group. The incident was recorded on his video camera.

In the video, as Duncomb approaches the man who wore a respirator, goggles, and a pair of brown Carhart overalls, one of his friends can be heard saying:

“Someone’s stalking us.”

Duncomb says as he approaches the man from behind and wraps his arm around the man’s shoulder:

“Hey buddy, why are you following us?”

Immediately, without saying a word, the man stabs Duncomb. According to Duncomb, the knife entered his back between his rib cage and hip, just inches from his spinal cord.

He said:

“The adrenaline just soared through me. I had a can of bear mace and a knife on me too, but I didn’t want to endanger innocent bystanders.”

Police and paramedics responded to the incident. Duncomb was given first aid at the scene and then transported to OHSU Hospital, where he was treated for his injuries. He was released on July 26th.  One suspect, since identified as Blake David Hampe, 43, was arrested at the scene by police. 

According to a probable cause affidavit, Hampe told police that Duncomb had “set up” on him and tried to choke him. Currently, Hampe faces charges of second-degree assault, a Measure 11 crime, and unlawful use of a weapon.

He was booked into the Multnomah County Detention Center where he has a pending $250,000 bond.

Andy Ngo, editor-at-large at the Post Millennial, shared a video on Twitter showing Hampe’s arrest. Ngo’s post also claimed that Hampe had previously faced child pornography charges and alleged ties to Antifa. Both have not yet been validated by officials. 

Duncomb said he is slowly recovering and hopes to return to covering protests soon.

He said in a statement:

“I wasn’t meant to die. It wasn’t my time to go. I’m not going to let them intimidate me for going back out.”

According to PPB, while investigating the stabbing, they gave public address announcements to people in the crowd ordering them to stay back while officers conducted their investigation.

PPB said in a news release:

“Police attempted to create a crime scene, but were unable to due to the aggressive crowd behavior and lack of community cooperation.”


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts