The following includes editorial content which is the opinion of the writer.
The United Nations has proven to be one of the most useless organizations in the world. The mere fact that a country such as Russia is on the UN Security Council and such luminaries in the world of human rights such as China, Iraq, Uganda, Venezuela, and yes, the Russian Federation all make up the UN Human Rights Council is proof positive that It’s a joke.
To shine light on how out of touch the UN is, this week Antonio Guterres, Secretary General of the UN and a Portuguese Socialist came out in favor of eliminating fossil fuels in exchange for renewable energy sources as a form of a “global climate Marshall Plan,” Breitbart reports. What could possibly go wrong?
Guterres was speaking in the lead up to the World Economic Forum (WEF) meeting of globalist scum in Davos, Switzerland, a group which has already called for net-zero carbon emissions to be pushed driven by wider acceptance and use of solar and wind power. We would be interested in seeing those solar and wind powered aircraft and cargo ships.
Guterres claims that in order to avoid so-called “catastrophic” climate change, the world must “end fossil fuel pollution and accelerate the renewable energy transition, before we incinerate our only home,” he claimed, in true leftist panic mode. “Incinerate our only home?” A bit of overkill there, don’t you think?
Guterres released pre-recorded remarks which were timed to coincide with the release of a major UN climate report, according to AFP.
Guterres continued, adding that renewable technologies should be considered as freely available “global public goods,” not constrained by intellectual property rights, Breitbart said.
Not content with merely advocating for the end of the technological age as we know it, Guterres also called for an end to what he claimed was about half-a-trillion dollars in fossil fuel subsidies worldwide, where two-thirds of that go to consumers and the rest goes directly to the fossil fuel industry.
He claimed that “every minute of every day, coal, oil, and gas receive roughly $11 million in subsidies.
“While people suffer from high prices at the pump, the oil and gas industry is raking in billions from a distorted market,” he claimed. “This scandal must stop.”
The World Economic Forum, clearly intent on ending the world as we know it, has published a “10-point plan” provided by the International Energy Agency (IEA) as way to end dependence on fossil fuels as part of the so-called “Great Reset.”
This is called just another step in addressing what the WEF has referred to as an “existential threat to the planet.”
The ten-point plan is a doozy:
- Reduce speed limits on highways by at least 10 km/h– A number of countries already use temporary speed limit reductions on highways, mostly to reduce congestion and/or air pollution and to improve road safety.
- Work from home up to 3 days a week where possible– Around one-third of the jobs in advanced economies can be done from home, opening up the possibility of reducing oi9l demand while maintaining productivity.
- Car-Free Sundays in cities– Car-free Sundays were introduced in countries such as Switzerland, the Netherlands, and West Germany during the 1973 oil crisis. Cities in other countries have used them more recently to promote public health.
- Reduce public transport prices and incentivize walking and cycling– Investment in public transport and infrastructure to support walking and cycling has been boosted by sustainable economic recovery packages introduced in response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Alternate private car access to roads in large cities– Restricting private cars’ use of roads in large cities on alternate weekdays is a measure with a long track record of successful implementation around the world.
- Increase car sharing and adopt practices to reduce fuel use– Governments can provide additional incentives by designating dedicated traffic lanes and parking spots next to transport hubs and by reducing road tolls on higher occupancy vehicles. Such measures are in force in suburban areas of cities like Madrid and Houston, among others.
- Promote efficient driving for freight trucks and goods deliveries– Governments can introduce so-called eco-driving techniques as part of the tuition and examination processes required to receive a driving license and advanced driving certificates, as has been done in France and other countries.
- Using trains instead of planes where possible- High-speed rail can substantially replace short-haul air travel on routes that offer affordable, reliable, and convenient train journeys.
- Avoid business air travel where alternative options exist- although not all business travel by plane can be avoided, in many cases the use of virtual meetings can be an effective substitute. A reduction of around two out of every five flights taken for business purposes is feasible in the short term, based on the changes witnessed during the COVID pandemic.
- Increase adoption of electric and other more fuel efficient vehicles– By the end of 2021, 8.4 million electric cars were on the roads in advanced economies, building on record sales in Europe in particular. Demand for electric cars continues to be strong, on the back of plummeting costs of batteries in recent years and government support.
Much of this is absurd and completely impractical in a country such as the United States, where suburban and rural areas of the country have no access to public transportation. Likewise, the cost to implement the infrastructure for programs such as high-speed rail is prohibitive. Look at California as an example.
That of course hasn’t stopped the Biden administration from looking to force Americans into using public transportation. Look no further than the energy policies implemented by Biden when he took office for evidence. That has resulted in the average cost of gas in the country today being just short of $5 a gallon, with some experts predicting $6 a gallon gas by the end of July.
Last week, the in-over-his-head Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg, the failed mayor of South Bend, Indiana announced a plan to spend more money under the department’s Safe Streets & Roads for All program, sending money to cities in order to encourage citizens to ditch their cars and opt for alternative forms of transport.
The administration is sending $5 billion in in federal aid to cities and towns to be used for bike paths and wider sidewalks while browbeating commuters to use public transport and cycling as an alternative to driving.
Buttigieg will be trying to convince cities and towns to promote multiple uses of roadways, for pedestrians and bicyclists, in exchange for more of your, er taxpayer money.
The administration argues that too many people die in car accidents to continue justifying that mode of transportation; therefore communities need to rake in cash to try to convince people to walk or bike that 20 miles to work.
In case you are unfamiliar with the “Great Reset,” below is a report we filed last year.
This editorial is brought to you by a former Chief of Police and current staff writer for Law Enforcement Today.
DAVOS, SWITZERLAND- Have you heard about the “Great Reset?” How about “Build Back Better?”
The latter, used as a campaign slogan by Joe Biden is so much more than just a slogan.
It is part and parcel to the Great Reset,” and we are here to tell you that it is ugly. All you have to know is that it is an initiative being pushed by the World Economic Forum (WEF), part of the annual “Davos” meeting.
What is Davos? An annual gathering of the political and business elite which is typically held in Davos, Switzerland, where they basically plot on how to keep the peasants in check. However this year, apparently emboldened by public willingness to bend to authoritarian orders by the political class, they have much bigger plans.
Delingpole: The Great Reset Is Not a Conspiracy Theory https://t.co/FiMeqD6KaP
— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) November 20, 2020
According to Breitbart News, the WEF has announced plans for the 2021 event, which will be held virtually due to the pandemic, announcing, “The time to rebuild trust and to make crucial choices is fast approaching as the need to reset priorities and the urgency to reform systems grow stronger around the world.”
The WEF added that the time has come for “global leaders to come together to design a common recovery path and shape the Great Reset” in a so-called post-coronavirus world, saying that need was urgently needed.
The WEF then lays out plans the organization has for the rest of us and modeled after a world which they design. According to the WEF:
“An entire week of global programming will be dedicated to helping leaders choose innovative and bold solutions to stem the pandemic and drive a robust recovery over the next year.
“The Davos Agenda will also mark the launch of the World Economic Forum’s Great Reset Initiative and begin the preparation of the Special Annual Meeting in the spring. Each day will focus on one of the five domains of the Great Reset Initiative.”
In another report by Breitbart, the outlet reported that a ghost from the past, John Kerry, who has been tapped as a “special climate advisor” under a theoretical Biden administration, is involved with the Davos initiative.
One such element sees the United States rejoining the Paris Climate Agreement—which is bad for America and which doesn’t hold countries such as China and India—identified as two of the biggest contributors to so-called “Climate Change”—accountable.
Rejoining that agreement would virtually gut President Trump’s “America First” strategy and would more than likely end up being “America Last.”
That accord is estimated to put over a million American jobs at risk, according to James Delingpole. It would also decimate the economy in four states—Michigan, Missouri, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Delingpole also noted that joining that agreement would also be a driver of the Great Reset, which basically would have unelected global bureaucrats destroy the world’s economy by abolishing money, private property, and democracy for the sake of a “New World Order.”
Speaking to the WEF agenda, Kerry said:
“I know Joe Biden believes this. It’s not enough just to rejoin [the Paris Climate Agreement] for the United States. It’s not enough for us to do just the minimum of what [the agreement] requires,” Kerry said.
“The Biden administration will focus on every sector of the American economy. There will be a 2035 goal to achieve net neutrality with respect to power and production…we’re ready to come back in and help to lead and raise the ambition in Glasgow to accelerate this incredible capacity for a transformation in the private sector.”
European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen said that commission was looking forward to Biden rejoining the climate accords, referring to Biden as a “friend in the White House.”
Von der Leyen said that this new cooperation between the United States and the European Commission would include “writing a new rulebook for the digital economy and the digital society.”
“So, covering everything from data to infrastructure, but also talking about security and democracy, technology to fair taxation [emphasis added]—all of these are topics are on the table with digital change.
So ladies and gentlemen, the need for global cooperation and this acceleration of change will both be drivers of the Great Reset. And I see this as an unprecedented opportunity.
“It’s good to have a friend in the White House. We should not forget what kind of strength we can develop…we need a new agenda and of course, we will have to start with the most pressing issue which is COVID-19..the second big topic is climate change, fighting climate change…the third topic is the tech topic.”
Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters? Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you. Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories. Click to check it out.
None of this bodes well for the United States, as you can well imagine, as the sovereignty of our country will likely suffer tremendously.
The Davos Agenda will feature:
- Heads of state and government from the G20 and international organizations giving special addresses on the state of the world.
- Industry leaders and public figures discussing in leadership panels how to advance and accelerate public-private collaboration on critical issues such as coronavirus vaccination schemes and climate change, among others.
- The Forum’s core communities, including its international business council, sharing their insight and recommendations from global, regional and industry initiatives on impact sessions.
Kerry also couldn’t resist taking a shot at President Trump and his supporters, saying that the nationalist-populist movement around the world is “a reflection of the inability of democratic governments in many parts of the world to deliver” on issues facing their citizens.
“What astounds me is that as many people still voted for the level of chaos and breach of law and order [whose supporters was it exactly who were rioting this past summer?] and breaking the standards and…I think that the underlying reason for that is something everybody has to examine,” Kerry said, referring to the over 74 million people who voted for President Trump in November.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a New World Order without the complicity of the media, and they admitted as much.
New York Times columnist Ben Smith said the media believes that they are the rule makers and set the national agenda—not Americans.
“I think in this election you saw major media outlets just much more careful about picking up, for instance, these stories about Hunter Biden just because they were on the internet in a way that Wikileaks came to dominate the campaign last cycle.”
The difference of course was that the Hunter Biden laptop stuff wasn’t part of a “Wikileaks” type of operation but was brought forward by a business owner who had possession of the laptop.
The media, with the exception of Newsmax, OANN, Fox News, the New York Post, and other conservative outlets ignored it. Why? They were on the Biden team, that’s why.
Smith continued, “I think that you’re seeing the mainstream media institutions become a bit more confident in trying to set the national agenda, trying to establish priorities that they think are the priorities rather than simply reacting to what’s happening on social media.”
You see, Smith admitted…the media decided THEY were going to set the agenda for the election, not act as reporters “reporting” the news. Social media did the same thing. They decided what the public needed to know and what they did not.
Keep an eye out for Davos, which will be held between January 25-29. This will not end well for the American people. Bet on it. Especially if Biden prevails on January 6.
Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.
Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!