Chicago man charged with shooting five people. He was out on bail for possessing a firearm as a felon.

Share:

CHICAGO, IL- A convicted Chicago felon has been charged with shooting five people over the weekend, killing two of them. 

According to reports, the suspect identified as Timmy Jordan, 39, is accused of pulling out a gun during an argument at a birthday party that a neighbor in his building was hosting on a Saturday morning.

Jordan shot five people, killing one man and one woman.

One of the five victims, who had a concealed carry permit, returned fire, critically wounding Jordan.

Police said that Jordan has been charged with two counts of first-degree murder and three counts of attempted first-degree murder. He is being held without bail.

At the time of the incident, Jordan, a convicted felon, was being electronically monitored following charge of possession a stolen firearm as a felon.

CWB Chicago reported:

“Chicago Police Department records show the gunman was arrested in April 2019 for being a felon in possession of a firearm and possession of a stolen firearm. He went home on electronic monitoring to await trial.”

On Monday, September 14th, CPD Superintendent David Brown said during a press conference:

“Every weekend, we can bring forth an example of a person out of jail that should be in jail.”

Brown added:

“What are we doing? I mean, it’s beyond frustrating.

It makes your blood boil if you’re one of those victims to have a person that’s out of jail on electronic monitoring that had previously seven felonies and was arrested by Chicago police officers and his gun was recovered for possessing an illegal gun because he was a felon in possession of a gun and yet he’s out of jail. It’s beyond frustrating.”

According to reports, Jordan had five previous felony convictions, including two for illegal gun possession.

Prosecutors said that twice Jordan served one-year prison terms for separate cases of driving with a revoked license, another two years in prison for a 2014 conviction for felony escape, a year of probation for a 2002 conviction for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, and was sentenced to boot camp for a 2010 conviction for unlawful use of a weapon by a felon.

In addition, prosecutors said that Jordan has a previous misdemeanor conviction for driving on a revoked license, and in 2020 a misdemeanor conviction for resisting. Additionally, he has failed to appear in court twice before, with the most recent being in 2014.

After the shooting, responding officers found Jordan with his gun lying next to him. He was transported to a nearby hospital where he remains in critical condition. Prosecutors said that two victims and two witnesses have identified Jordan as the shooter.

35-year-old Michael Mickey was the individual who returned fire on Jordan and although he was killed, he shot Jordan twice. Mickey was pronounced dead upon arrival at the hospital. His relative, 47-year-old Lunyea Wilson was shot in the face and chest; she was also pronounced dead at the hospital.

Three others were wounded; a 38-year-old man who was shot in the back, a 32-year-old woman who was shot in the leg, and a 30-year-old man who was shot in the thigh. All three were taken to the hospital where they have been reported in good condition. 

CWB Chicago provided additional information on others who have returned to the streets thanks to Chicago’s affordable bail initiative only to commit more violent crimes.

On February 16th, prosecutors charged 18-year-old Dimitris Horns with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and for possessing a gun with a defaced serial number, after he allegedly ditched a handgun while running from police.

According to court records, Judge David Navarro allowed Horns to go on electronic monitoring by posting a mere $500 deposit bond. About five months later, on July 8th, Horns repeatedly pistol-whipped a man and shot him in the leg during a robbery that netted him a whopping $130. 

For that incident, prosecutors charged him with aggravated discharge of a firearm, discharging a firearm causing bodily harm during a robbery, and other felonies. He was also charged with escaping electronic monitoring and held on a warrant for reckless discharge of a firearm as a juvenile. 

Allegedly, Horn’s case does not qualify for Chicago State’s Attorney Kim Foxx’s “repeat offender” tally because the second alleged crime occurred after June 30th, the deadline for qualifying as a “reoffender” under her scenario.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Here is another article from Law Enforcement Today about the surge in gun violence in gun-controlled Chicago:

CHICAGO, IL – Welcome to Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s gun-controlled Chicago.

The weekend violence spanning from August 14th through the wee-hours of the 17th saw five people killed and 59 other people non-fatally injured by gunfire in Chicago. Among those shot during the weekend were seven children.

At approximately 8:13 p.m. on August 14th, a 48-year-old man identified as Charles L. McFee was found by police having suffered a gunshot wound to the chest within the 116600 block of South Peoria Street.

First responders transported McFee to Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he was later pronounced dead.

Roughly three hours on the 14th, police found 28-year-old Jeremy Curry unresponsive in the driver’s seat of a parked car within the 1100 block of West 110th Place.

The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the chest and arm and was pronounced dead at the scene.

On August 15th, police found the body of 18-year-old Tamyreon Jordan at approximately 10:25 p.m. on the sidewalk within the 3500 block of West Flournoy Street.

Jordan had been shot in the chest and head, and a 14-year-old boy had also been shot in the arm as well. The boy was transported to Mount Sinai Hospital and was reported being in fair condition.

Jordan, however, was pronounced dead at the scene.

At roughly 5:00 a.m. on August 16th in an alley in the 3600 block of West Belmont Avenue, police found the body of a man believed to be in his mid-twenties who had been shot in the head. Police have yet to reveal the identity of the deceased, only noting that he was inside the driver’s seat of a vehicle when discovered.

Moving on to the early morning hours of the 17th, a triple shooting that took place at 12:50 a.m. within the 2400 block of South Trumbull Avenue resulted in one man being killed.

The shots fired were said to have come from a black sedan. The deceased victim, 29-year-old Kevin Garcia, was pronounced dead after arriving at Mount Sinai Hospital after suffering a gunshot wound to the chest.

The two other victims from the early morning shooting were described as a 20-year-old man shot in the abdomen and a 27-year-old man shot in the leg. Both of the other two victims were reported as being in fair condition.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

As for the other children injured over the weekend, a 12-year-old boy was shot at approximately 8:10 p.m. on August 14th within the 6400 block of South Ellis Avenue.

The victim was struck in the leg, according to reports, and was said to be in fair condition upon being hospitalized.

At 11:48 p.m. that same evening, a 16-year-old was shot in the hip within the 4400 block of South Hermitage Avenue.

The teen didn’t even realize he was shot immediately, only hearing gunfire at first and then feeling an pain shortly thereafter. The victim is unsure where the gunfire came from and is said to be in fair condition.

Not long thereafter at roughly 12:14 a.m. on August 15th, a 17-year-old boy was shot within the 3600 block of West 70th Street by someone who had exited a white SUV and began firing in his general direction.

The victim was shot in the leg and is currently in good condition. The suspect involved was said to have fled the scene after the shooting.

At 10:00 p.m. on August 15th, a 16-year-old was shot within the 500 block of East 47th Street. Police say that numerous individuals exited a dark-colored vehicle and opened fire at the teen. The victim suffered gunshot wounds to the leg and has since been stabilized.

On August 16th at approximately 4:05 p.m., a 17-year-old boy was shot in the abdomen within the 2000 block of West Chase Avenue. He has since been cited as being in good condition after being transferred to the Saint Francis Hospital in Evanston.

During the early morning hours of August 17th, a 15-year-old boy was shot at roughly 3:14 a.m. within the 7300 block of South South Shore Drive. The victim was found to have suffered a gunshot wound to his right shoulder and was reported as being in good condition at the Comer Children’s Hospital.

In the meantime in New York City, the NYPD has released the images of three suspects wanted in the fatal shooting of a one-year-old that happened back on July 12th during what was described as a family cookout.

The one-year-old boy, Davell Garner, was killed during a drive-by shooting that happened in Brooklyn on July 12th, and police are looking to identify three men that are wanted for questioning regarding the fatal shooting.

All that is known thus far is that at least two individuals approached the cookout on Madison Street just shy of midnight on the 12th of July and started firing toward the people present.

Baby Garner was reportedly shot in the stomach and was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at a nearby hospital.

Chicago man charged with shooting five people.  He was out on bail for possessing a firearm as a felon.
Three suspects wanted in connection with murder of one-year-old – NYPD

Back in July, one person of interest was said to have been arrested by the US Marshals Regional Fugitive Task Force and the NYPD, but no further details were released as to whether the person in custody in July was culpable in the murder of Garner.

The young boy was laid to rest on July 27th in a casket decorated with some of his favorite cartoon characters. On the top of the casket rested a teddy bear and an Elmo toy as well.

During the services, the child’s father described the part of his life that is now missing after losing his son:

“My son is gone… don’t have anyone pulling on me saying daddy.”

The investigation into the shooting is still ongoing.

Those with information on the identities or whereabouts of these three subjects are urged to contact the NYPD’s tip line at 800-577-TIPS.

Please follow Law Enforcement Today to gather updates as the investigation into the shooting progresses.

In other ongoing investigations, police in Atlanta are trying to locate suspects believed to be involved in a mass shooting from July. 

Over the Fourth of July weekend, Atlanta Police Department responded to a mass shooting in which fourteen people were injured, two of them died. 

Police have now released video surveillance of the area and are asking the public’s help in identifying four people who may have fired the shots.

APD releases persons of interest photos from July shooting that killed 2, injured 12
Credit APD

 

The original incident occurred on July 5th around 1am on Auburn Avenue.  A large crowd had gathered in the area to watch fireworks when someone struck a pedestrian with a car.  It is unknown if that vehicle crash was accidental or intentional. 

The crash caused immediate anger with the people in the crowd who began to argue and fight.  Soon after the fighting started, members of the large group began firing their guns resulting in fourteen people being shot. 

Members of the crowd drove the injured to the hospital and did not wait for an ambulance.  Two of those shooting victims, 32-year-old Erica Robinson and 20-year-old Joshua Ingram, succumbed to their injuries at the hospital.

Anyone who can identify the people in the released images are asked to please contact Atlanta Police. Those who wish to remain anonymous can contact Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-8477, or text tips to 274637. 

In San Francisco, California, a man died following a fight that took place inside of a hospital lobby on August 11th, and police now need the public’s assistance in identifying the suspect they say is responsible for the act.

According to police, the altercation took place at around 6:15 in the morning at the UCSF outpatient medical building in San Francisco.

While little detail has been released regarding the physical altercation itself, and what allegedly led up to it, police say that shortly after the altercation the victim walked outside and collapsed.

A nurse nearby was said to have performed CPR on the collapsed victim, but he was later pronounced dead when taken to the ER.

Surveillance images of the suspect have been released by authorities.

Gabrielle Lim, who works at UCSF, noted how she walked into work the morning of the incident, only to find the lobby sectioned off by authorities:

“I saw all this yellow tape and the cops saying you can’t come in here.”

Police: This man murdered someone outside a hospital and we need your help in identifying and finding him.
Homicide suspect in hospital killing – UCSF Police

Other employees of UCSF have cited concerns lately regarding the types of characters seen around the hospital.

Jennifer Dudley is one of those employees and recounted an assault she experienced from a perceived vagrant:

“I was attacked by someone who appeared to be homeless or maybe someone who was just released from the ER.”

Dudley further detailed the regularity of vagrants engaging in the likes of open drug use and other forms of debauchery:

“There is a lot of homeless people that hang out in the corridor, they sleep on the benches, I saw people doing drugs in there, exposing themselves in the morning, they come and there is no one regulating the situation.”

Thomas Forbes, a local who happened to be visiting the hospital when asked about the ongoing investigation, stated the following about the case:

“It’s crazy times that we’re living in for sure but outside of a hospital it’s pretty surprising.”

Police have not revealed what specific injuries led the victim to dying after the altercation with the suspect.

UCSF Police are asking that anyone with information on the suspect’s identity or whereabouts to please call 415-476-1414 and reference case number 2020-897 when furnishing said information.

_

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

 

Share:
Related Posts