Texas – A nationwide manhunt has been underway since Tuesday night when a wanted suspect allegedly ran over a Texas police sergeant and then fled.

Nassau Bay Police Sergeant Kaila Sullivan was rushed to the hospital, but it was too late to save her life. For the last two days, authorities have joined together in an effort to find her killer. 

But now, according to the Harris County Sheriff’s Office, police now have that suspect behind bars. The department posted to Facebook on Thursday afternoon alerting the public that the accused murderer had been captured.

“BREAKING: Tavores Dewayne Henderson – suspect in the felony murder of Nassau Bay Police Sgt. Kaila Sullivan – has been taken into custody without incident. Deputies arrested him at a home in the 4200 block of Heritage Trail,” the post read.

BREAKING: Tavores Dewayne Henderson – suspect in the felony murder of Nassau Bay Police Sgt. Kaila Sullivan – has been…

Posted by Harris County Sheriff's Office on Thursday, December 12, 2019


On Wednesday night, the Texas Department of Public Safety said they believed that 21-year-old Tavores Henderson might be heading to Louisiana.

The search for Henderson quickly turned into a national one, with a reward being offered of $20,000 for information leading to his arrest.

He was last seen 1:50 p.m. Wednesday afternoon in Missouri City driving a red Buick, accompanied by a man only identified as “Anthony,” according to police.

But on Thursday afternoon, Texas authorities reportedly took the suspect into custody at a residence in the 4200 block of Heritage Trail. Police say that a tip from CrimeStoppers was able to successfully lead them to where Henderson was hiding out. 


When they arrived at the home, they surrounded the residence and used a bullhorn to alert the suspect that he had nowhere to go. 

According to police, the suspect surrendered without further incident. 

Police had issued a “Blue Alert” out of Harris County, Texas on Wednesday.



The murder happened just before 8:30 p.m. Tuesday in Nassau Bay.  That’s when police officers made a traffic stop in the parking lot an apartment complex at 2002 San Sebastian Court.

According to police, Henderson was wanted on a warrant out of Harris County for assault on a family member.

When officers tried to arrest Henderson, he allegedly fought with them and was able to escape and get back into his vehicle.

Henderson was wanted on a domestic violence warrant.  He broke free from police while being handcuffed. Police said that while he was running, he likely still had one handcuff attached to his wrist.


Henderson then sped off, hitting Sgt. Kaila Sullivan with the vehicle. EMS rushed to the scene and attempted CPR on her – but she passed away at HCA Houston Clear Lake Hospital shortly after.


Webster Police Department and Harris County Sheriff Office are assisting with the investigation while the agency mourns the loss of their officer.


Sgt. Sullivan was only forty-three years old and lived in Friendswood, Texas.

December 27th would have marked her 16th anniversary with the City of Nassau Bay Police Department.

“I want to personally thank all the citizens and public officials who have reached out to our department with thoughts and prayers,” said Police Chief Tim Cromie.

Did you know that Law Enforcement Today has a private new home for those who support emergency responders and veterans?  It’s called LET Unity, and it’s where we share the untold stories of those patriotic Americans.  Every penny gets reinvested into giving these heroes a voice.  Check it out today.

CAPTURED: Suspect wanted for murder of Texas police sergeant arrested


Sgt. Sullivan was the second Houston area officer murdered in just three days.

Sergeant Christopher Brewster was murdered Saturday evening by a man who had been reported for assault, according to Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner.

Police officials the 32-year-old officer was shot just before 6 p.m.

At the briefing, Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo told reporters that a call came in from a female victim who reported that her boyfriend was assaulting her and armed with two firearms.

When police got there, they didn’t find the couple.

Acevedo said Brewster spotted them three streets away on Houston’s east side.  When he went to exit his vehicle, he was shot at and hit multiple times.

Acevedo said even though Brewster was fatally wounded, he called and reported the shooting, allowing other officers to contain the area.

“Although he was mortally wounded, he had the presence of mind to draw his pistol out of his holster to protect himself in case the suspect came up and he also had the presence of mind and courage to put out and broadcast suspect information that was critical for the responding units,” Acevedo said.

About a half-hour after the shooting, which was captured on body cameras, Brewster succumbed to his injuries and died.

At first, Acevedo said Brewster wasn’t wearing his vest.  He later confirmed that the officer was.

“What people will see is a coward who took the life of a hero,” Acevedo said.

Acevedo said his murderer was 25-year-old Arturo Solis, who fled on foot.


Officers rushing to the area saw him jumping fences.

When he was caught near a school, they say he was armed with a semi-automatic pistol.

Acevedo later tweeted that police recovered both firearms and other evidence discarded by the suspect.

On Sunday, he was charged with capital murder and is behind held without bond.  He’s due in court on Monday.

According to police, the woman who called for help wasn’t hurt and she’s cooperating with the investigation.

The mayor of Houston said Governor Greg Abbott had called and expressed condolences for Brewster’s family. He also took to Twitter, saying “Tonight & Every Night we Back The Blue in Houston & across Texas.”

Acevedo said Brewster graduated the police academy in 2010 and was promoted to sergeant in February.

He leaves behind his wife, parents and sisters.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First