Captured: Police arrest suspected black supremacist accused of shooting officer in the head


DAYTONA BEACH, FL – Authorities have arrested the 29-year-old suspect accused of shooting a Daytona Beach Police officer in the head earlier in June.

According to reports, the suspect was found at a property near Atlanta, Georgia during the early morning hours of June 26th.  The property is apparently affiliated with the “Not Fucking Around Coalition”, commonly referred to as NFAC.

At approximately 2:30 a.m. on June 26th, Othal Wallace was taken into custody after being located within the wooded area of a property affiliated with the black nationalist paramilitary organization NFAC.

Daytona Beach Police Chief Jakari Young stated that Wallace was found hiding in a tree house where authorities found several flashbangs, rifle plates, body armor, two handguns, two rifles and numerous boxes of ammunition.

According to Chief Young, Wallace made the following statement after he was arrested:

“You guys know who I am. You know what I’m capable of, and it could have been a lot worse.”

Chief Young added that when Wallace was arrested, the officers arresting him used Officer Jason Raynor’s cuffs – the man that Wallace is accused of shooting on June 23rd.

The Georgia State Patrol executed a search warrant on the property where Wallace was apprehended, which the execution of that search warrant was also assisted by the U.S. Marshals service, FBI, Homeland Security Investigations and the DeKalb County Police.

Authorities reportedly found what was described as a “large arsenal of weapons” in the main residence along with four other people that were on the property.

Reportedly, Wallace’s personal Facebook page suggested that he was linked to groups such as the New Black Panther Party, the Atlanta chapter of the Huey P. Newton Gun Club, and NFAC.

Even though Wallace was located at a property affiliated with NFAC, a spokeswoman for NFAC Global, Debbie James, claimed that Wallace had been terminated from the group back in January of 2021. Another rep for NFAC, Brandon Oliver, claimed that the group is “pretty much over”:

“It doesn’t even really exist no more. The NFAC, it’s pretty much over.”

NFAC members were part of a handful of armed demonstrations and protests in 2020 throughout the country, which what appears to be the last reported demonstration by the group was held in Lafayette, Louisiana, on October 3rd of 2020.

The founder of NFAC, 57-year-old John Fitzgerald Johnson, was arrested on December 3rd of 2020 by FBI agents at his home under charges of aiming a rifle at federally deputized officers during a September protest

Johnson is facing up to 20 years in prison for the September incident.

During the press conference held on June 26th, Chief Young was asked that, considering how heavily armed the suspect was at the time of his arrest, what he felt helped contribute to a incident-free apprehension, which the chief responded with: 

“I think the timing of it played a lot – to do with how it ended. Again, just the surveillance and the technology that was used was phenomenal. That ultimately led up to his arrest.”

When the chief was asked if any tips played a role in locating Wallace, he stated: 

“We were flooded tips. Around the clock – they didn’t stop. We had all kinds of tips coming in.

But it was solely based on the surveillance and the technology that we were able to utilize and the complete, total team effort of law enforcement all over this state and the federal level that led us to that treehouse just outside of Atlanta, Georgia where he was taken into custody.”

The Daytona Police chief didn’t have any additional information on the four other people located at the property at the time of Wallace’s arrest when he was asked if they were confirmed members of NFAC themselves.

Wallace is facing attempted first-degree murder of a law enforcement officer, but Chief Young couldn’t attest to what additional charges he may be facing as of this time, saying “that would be a question for the authorities up on that end.”

Outside of answering inquiries pertaining to the investigation and arrest of Wallace, Chief Young also extended numerous accolades to all the law enforcement agencies involved with Wallace’s arrest as well as the enormous outpouring of support for Officer Raynor by the community.

Chief Young also afforded an update regarding Officer Raynor’s condition, noting that he’s showing “very positive signs of improvement”:

“Right now they feel comfortable moving forward with more testing, because they’ve determined that he’s now strong enough to endure more testing. So as of right now, his outlook is, it is improving, it’s a positive one, but we’re just going to continue to pray that he continues to heal.”

 Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

We at Law Enforcement Today reported on the original incident that led to the manhunt and eventual arrest of Wallace. 

Here’s our previous report detailing the shooting of the Daytona Beach Police officer. 


DAYTONA BEACH, FL – A manhunt is currently active for a 29-year-old suspect who authorities say shot a Daytona Beach Police officer on the evening of June 23rd, with the unidentified officer currently being in critical condition. 

Reportedly, the U.S. Marshals have now gotten involved with the manhunt for the at-large suspect. 

Officers from multiple agencies are currently searching for 29-year-old Othal Wallace, who officials say shot a 26-year-old Daytona Beach Police officer in the head during the evening of June 23rd. 

At approximately 8:50 p.m., the officer was in his patrol area when he spotted what he believed to be a suspicious vehicle in the back of an apartment complex off of the 100 block of Kingston Avenue. 

Bodycam footage from the encounter with the suspect was released by the Daytona Beach Police Department, showing the unidentified officer approaching the vehicle and the driver stepping out once the officer is near the driver’s side door. 

From the footage provided, the officer can be heard asking if the driver resides in the apartment complex, which the suspect becomes agitated at the questioning: 

“Don’t do this. Why are you asking me if I live here? What’s going on though?”

Shortly after the suspect asked the officer what was going on, he became physical, shoving the officer away – and then, a gunshot can be heard going off. 

Wallace was said to have fled from the scene, with authorities suspecting he’s driving a gray 2016 Honda HRV with the California license plate number 7TNX532.

According to Daytona Beach Police Chief Jakari Young, Wallace’s family resides in one of the apartments, but but it’s unclear whether said apartment is Wallace’s primary residence. 

A search warrant was obtained for the apartment in question, which police did recover least three ballistic vests, several high-capacity magazines, a rifle and a semi-automatic handgun and multiple boxes of ammunition.

Chief Young mentioned that investigators are pursuing some leads on Wallace’s whereabouts, but are keeping that information close to their chest so as not to sully the actionable intel: 

“We do have a few leads in reference to the suspect. Obviously, I’m not going to get into those leads at this time.”

Background details on the at-large suspect show that he does have a history of previous arrests in Florida, but none as severe as the incident with which he’s currently being sought by police. 

Records show that Wallace had two arrests in 2018 out of Broward County related to domestic violence. One of the cases, the Office of the State Attorney opted to not pursue charges.

The second domestic violence case resulted in a withheld adjudication, meaning that there was no formal judgement of guilt, but a form of probation was administered.

Also in 2018, Wallace was arrested by West Melbourne Police after he was spotted recklessly driving down I-95.

The arrest report noted that Wallace was charged with driving on a suspended license and possession of cannabis after marijuana was found inside of his vehicle during the stop. 

Wallace was said to have pleaded no contest on the aforementioned charges. 

reward of $100,000 is being offered for anyone with information that can lead authorities to Wallace. Officials want to stress that Wallace is to be considered armed and dangerous and to call 911 immediately if he is spotted. 

As for the unidentified officer, he reportedly underwent surgery at Halifax Health. Chief Young stated that while the unnamed officer “has experienced some improvement,” he “still has a long way to go.”

This is an ongoing investigation. 

Please follow Law Enforcement Today as we continue to gather further details on this developing case. 


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts