Bodycam footage shows officer being assassinated – he was fatally shot at point-blank range


STOCKTON, CA – Police released bodycam footage Tuesday showing a Stockton, California, police officer being fatally shot while responding to a domestic violence call on May 11.

Stockton Officer Jimmy Inn was dispatched to the reported domestic call and arrived at the home located in the 4400 block of La Cresta way just after 10 a.m.

Police received a call reporting a woman in the home was screaming, bloody, and wearing a ripped shirt. A 911 caller on tapes also released can be heard saying:

“Um, I think, I think, I think the man is going crazy over there. He’s been acting really strange the last couple of days.”


 As seen in the body camera footage, Inn knocks on the security door to the home and then stands off to the side. Officer Inn announced he was a police officer.

Seconds later, a voice from inside the residence, later identified as 30-year-old Stockton Officer Jimmy Inn , can be heard saying, “Hey police” before opening the door and immediately shooting Inn multiple times.

Officer Pancho Freer arrived on scene just as the shooting occurred and observed Lowe standing over Officer Inn. Lowe and Officer Freer exchanged gunfire. The body camera showed Lowe firing at Freer before Freer returned fire. Lowe then retreated back into the house.

Freer can be heard screaming into his radio:

“Shots fired! My partner is down.”

He can also be heard on tape yelling, “Jimmy, stay with me! Jimmy!”

Body camera video and a bystander’s cellphone video shows Lowe walking back out of the house using his 8-year-old son as a shield, holding him by the neck and strangling the boy.


“Let the kid go, man. I don’t want to kill you,” Freer can be heard pleading as bystanders can be heard screaming as the eight-year-old struggles to get free.

The boy could be seen kicking and struggling until an unidentified bystander rushed to the boy’s aid, tackling the suspect.

Lowe was then shot by Officer Freer.

Medics transported Lowe and Officer Inn to a local hospital, where both men died.

The child was treated at a local hospital and is expected to recover.

Officer Inn, 30, is survived by his wife, who is also a Stockton police officer, as well as a 7-month old son, 12-year-old stepdaughter and a 14-year-old stepson.

Court records show that Lowe had previously been arrested and was on parole at the time of the shooting.

He was arrested on February 5, 2017, in Los Angeles for grand theft auto with a firearm, conspiring to commit a crime, child endangerment, possession of an assault weapon, and carrying a loaded firearm in a car or public place.

All the charges except the grand theft charge were eventually dismissed, according to the Los Angeles Times.

In 2018, Lowe was sentenced to five years in prison but was released early on April 2020 on supervised parole, according to California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokeswoman Dana Simas. She explained that Lowe was awarded credit for more than a year of time served prior to his sentencing:

“He was released to parole supervision in April 2020 after serving his full sentence as defined by law.”

Police Chief Eric Jones called the death of Officer Inn a “violent, blatant, and very sudden assault”:

“Officer Jimmy Inn was responding to a domestic violence report, to assist a domestic violence victim, and he died protecting those who cannot protect themselves. He gave the ultimate sacrifice, knowing this was a dangerous job.

“(Inn was the) epitome of what a Stockton police officer should be.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Police: One officer killed, second one hurt by convicted felon in a stolen vehicle

May 2, 2021


GILBERT, AZ- A convicted felon in a stolen vehicle killed one police officer, and critically injured another from two separate police departments in Arizona this past week. 

The wild chase, which temporarily shut down a municipal airport, and claimed the life of an 18 year veteran of the police department occurred late Thursday, April 29th. 

According to both departments, the incident claimed the life of Chandler Police Officer, Christopher Farrar, and left Gilbert Police Officer, Rico Aranda hospitalized in critical condition with a severe head injury.

On Friday, April 30th, Chandler Police Chief Sean Duggan said:

“Chris was struck and killed by a violent felon in a stolen vehicle following a multi-agency shooting and pursuit,” Chandler police said.
Farrar had served on the force for 18 years and was currently part of the K-9 unit. His numerous commendations over the years included the Medal of Honor in 2004, the Community Service Award in 2009 and four Lifesaving Awards. Gilbert police said in a statement that as of Friday, officer Aranda, who has been with his department since July 2018, was still in critical but stable condition, and was showing signs of improvement.According to reports, at approximately 10 p.m. on Thursday, a police pursuit began when a sheriff’s deputy attempted to pull over a speeding vehicle, and then reported that he had been shot at by the suspect in the vehicle.Gilbert police said that the pursuit went into Chandler in metro Phoenix, where the suspect got onto a freeway before driving into the municipal airport and crashing through a gate, causing the airport to shut down temporarily.ABC 7 reported that the suspect then got back on the freeway and drove the wrong way, heading back toward Gilbert, where he crashed the vehicle near a ramp, and then ran into the SanTan Motorplex, police said.The suspect, who has not yet been identified, stole a vehicle and tried to drive away from a Ford dealership, as four state troopers and three Pinal County sheriff’s deputies fired at him just before midnight, Gilbert police said.In his attempt to flee, the suspect struck the two police officers, and a janitor who worked at the dealership. The janitor was left with minor injuries. Additionally, it is reported that three troopers also sustained minor injured in the incident, however it is currently unclear how the troopers were injured. 

The suspect was taken into custody and transported to a hospital with injuries that are not considered life-threatening, Gilbert police said. The details on his injuries have not yet been released, however the Chandler police described him as a “violent felon” but didn’t provide any additional details.

As of Friday, the Gilbert Police Department was still actively processing the crime scene, and had no additional information to release.

The slain officer had touched many lives during his 18 years on the force, Duggan said.

The Chief said:

“I just ask that you keep Chris’s family in your thoughts and prayers, and take a moment and be mindful of the brave men and women who are out there daily helping keep our communities safe,” 

Gov. Doug Ducey ordered flags flown at half-staff until sunset on Friday in order to honor Officer Farrar.

Ducey also released a formal statement, saying:

“Officer Farrar was a hero through and through, and his commitment to protecting Arizonans was unwavering. My sincerest condolences go to Officer Farrar’s loved ones, the Chandler Police Department, and the entire law enforcement community during this difficult time,” 

The Gilbert Police Leadership Association announced it has created a GoFundMe account in Officer Aranda’s name. 




Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Submit a Correction
Related Posts