Blue Alert: Massive manhunt underway after two deputies shot by a convicted felon


OCHLOCKNEE, GA – Two deputies in south Georgia are recovering after being shot allegedly by a convicted felon on January 11th. The suspect was able to evade capture and is still on the run.

Three deputies with the Thomas County Sheriff’s Office responded to the suspect’s residence, identified as Tyler Henderson, to arrest him for a parole violation.

While the deputies were attempting to take Henderson into custody for the warrant, a physical struggle ensued.

At some point during the struggle, police allege that Henderson was able to disarm one of the deputies and fire on them. Two of the deputies were struck, one in his bullet resistant vest and the other underneath the vest.

The third deputy was not shot. Thomas County Sheriff’s Office Captain Tim Watkins said:

“Deputies from the Thomas County Sheriff’s Office went to Ellen Street to try and execute a warrant on a Tyler Henderson. A struggle ensued and during that struggle, Mr. Henderson was able to take the deputies weapon.”

The deputies that were shot and injured were transported to a nearby hospital where they underwent medical treatment for their wounds. Thankfully, they are expected to recover from the injuries.

Law enforcement from the U.S. Marshals Service, Lowndes County Sheriff’s Office, Leon County Sheriff’s Office, the Thomasville Police Department, and the Georgia State Patrol descended on the area in attempts to locate Henderson.

During their search, officers were notified by an alleged family member that he was chased out of a residence in Meigs, Georgia after the shooting.

So far, law enforcement has not been able to take him into custody and are asking the public’s help in locating him. They are currently offering a $5,000 reward for any information that can lead to his arrest. The Thomasville County Sheriff’s Office released the following on Facebook, asking for help and warning the public:

“Henderson is wanted for attempting to murder three of your deputies. Two…were shot, both are stable and are going to be okay. Henderson is a convicted felon and is no stranger to the law…We will find Henderson and bring him to justice.”

WCTV spoke to neighbors in the area, most of whom were upset those deputies were injured in the shooting. One of the residents, Larry Spicer, said:

“Everybody was real upset about it because not too many folks take to kind to him around here no-how.”

Police noted that the warrant they were attempting to execute on Henderson was for a parole violation for a new arrest that occurred in December of 2021.

Henderson was on parole for robbery, burglary, and aggravated assault in a previous incident.

The shooting of these two deputies comes after the State of Georgia as seen at least three police officers killed in the line of duty from November of 2021 until January of 2022.

The incident also comes at a time in which a record number of police officers have been shot.

The National Fraternal Order of Police recently reported that there were 346 police officers that were shot in the line of duty throughout 2021, 63 of those who died. The number of officers shot increased from a total of 312 in 2020 and 293 in 2019.

FOP President Patrick Yoes told Fox News:

“The attacks on law enforcement officers during 2021 was a harsh reminder that our law enforcement officers are not just in harm’s way due to the dangerous nature of their profession, but that they are targets of cowardly individuals whose sole motivation is to injure or kill a law enforcement officer.

Despite all of this, the brave men and women of law enforcement will continue to hold the line, stand in between good and evil, and work tirelessly to protect the communities they serve.”

Re-fund the police

Got him! North Carolina man charged with attempted murder of an officer, faces $5 million bond

GASTONIA, NC – A North Carolina man is in custody after allegedly committing several robberies before getting into a shootout with police. Thankfully no one was injured during the shooting.


The suspect in the case, Charles Thomas Cole, has found himself in jail after Gastonia Police allege that he went on a violent crime spree that ended in a shootout with police.

Cole was charged with seven counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, three counts of attempted first-degree murder on police officers, first-degree kidnapping, two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and theft of a firearm.

Cole’s alleged crime spree started when police responded to an armed robbery outside of an office building on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Way on December 17th.

In that case, Gastonia Police report that two people were standing outside of an attorney’s office when Cole allegedly approached them armed with a gun.

Cole allegedly demanded money and property from both but only received property from the male. Cole then allegedly fled the area on foot without firing any shots and was not located on that date.

Then on December 29th, Gastonia Police responded to a Waffle House on West Franklin Boulevard for a reported armed robbery. In that case, police allege Cole entered the restaurant and began threatening employees with the gun, demanding money.


Once he received the cash from the restaurant employees, he then threatened an elderly female customer, also demanding cash from her. After he received money from her police allege that Cole took off on foot fleeing from the store.

Cole then allegedly went to a nearby parking lot in which a dark colored Dodge Ram truck had been parked. Cole then allegedly fled the parking lot until officers who were responding to the robbery observed the Ram on North King Street and West Rankin Avenue.

As officers stopped the vehicle, Gastonia Police allege that Cole opened fire on the officers. The officers returned fire which caused Cole to reenter the Ram and flee the area.

Thankfully, no one was injured during the shooting and Cole was able to evade officers attempts to apprehend him that night.

Police continued their search for Cole and the truck he was allegedly last seen driving which was located on December 30th in front of a residence on North Pryor Street.

Detectives with Gastonia Police authored a search warrant for the residence which was executed on the same date.

When detectives entered the home, they located Cole and allegedly items that had been taken from some of the robberies.

Thankfully, Cole was taken into custody without incident for the robberies and attempted murder of the police officers he allegedly shot at on December 29th.

The judge in the case assigned a $5 million bond in the case.


Gastonia Police Chief Travis Brittain released a statement on the investigation:

“We are thankful for the peaceful arrest of Mr. Cole. The incidents leading up to his arrest show the dangers that our officers face. We appreciate the support of the public and dedication of our staff.”

Gastonia Police Department has not released any information pertaining to Cole’s criminal history nor explained why the judge set the bond at that amount.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Submit a Correction
Related Posts