Black Lives Matter, Antifa protester arrested for cathedral vandalism in Portland – immediately released


PORTLAND, OR – According to a recent report from The Post Millennial, a known BLM protester was arrested for the break-in and vandalism of the St. Mary’s Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception that occurred on Ash Wednesday in Portland. 

From what the Portland Police says of the incident that occurred during the early morning hours of February 17th, officers were alerted to a burglary in progress at the cathedral at approximately 3:27 a.m.

The press release from the Portland Police noted that dispatch was informed of the following with regard to the call: 

“The information was that someone was breaking things and throwing objects from inside the church through windows.”

“As they responded they were updated with information that the suspect was in the rectory, where the church pastors reside, holding a box cutter type of razor blade.”

Officers on the scene at the time reportedly could hear some yelling ongoing within the cathedral, and had noticed that the pastor of the church was trying to calm down the “agitated suspect”. 

Said suspect was later identified by Portland Police as 44-year-old Christopher Colletta. 

Apparently, the pastor’s efforts to calm down the suspect were unfruitful, and the pastor was said to have then came out to where the officers were positioned outside of the cathedral. 

Police say that a K9 unit assisted officers with searching the area around the church, where the suspect was reportedly located by officers stationed around the perimeter as he was attempting to flee out one of the cathedral exits. 

Colletta was said to have been booked under charges of first-degree burglary, criminal mischief, and resisting arrest. He has since reportedly been released from custody on pretrial supervision. 

Monsignor Gerard O’Connor spoke with the Catholic Sentinel about the ordeal that occurred on Ash Wednesday, identifying himself as the man who attempted to calm the suspect down before police arrested the suspect. 

Monsignor O’Connor stated that the suspect was, “shouting nonsense, swearing and being offensive,” and that he tried his best to, “talk him down a bit,” during the fiasco. 

He stated that the suspect had wound up pilfering a few items that was tossed into a van that had sped away before police arrived, while also having engaged in some frivolous destruction: 

“[The suspect had] thrown a few things into the road that he’d collected from my office. I think he threw a few into the van that sped away.”

The windows to the cathedral were also broken during the incident, according to Monsignor O’Connor: 

“That’s particularly upsetting because the windows are beautiful and 100 years old.”

In an interesting addition to this investigation, The Post Millennial had reported that Colletta had admitted via a Facebook post in 2020 that he’d previously attended a BLM protest. 

In a post dated August 23rd of 2020, Colletta wrote the following on Facebook (the misspellings in the post are featured as they originally appeared): 

“Stupid fuckimg humans…. I need extraction… From pdx/Oregon for 24 hours or less… Getting frustrated and need a timeout and nature or peace or to go indoors… Something… Too many people worried about what I’m doing.

Cuz I wanna take a shower n cleanup. Fuck those mean people who have no idea or care that they are risking someone’s life… I could very well die today. That’s truth not paranoia, Thanks BLM! I took a fucking rubber 12 Guage round for you in the ribs! Never Again!”

A further review of Colletta’s personal Facebook page reveals that he apparently believes he’s a victim of “gang stalking“, which is a form of paranoia where someone thinks they’re a “targeted individual” who is actively being surveilled by perhaps the government or some unknown entity – with suspicions that their “gang stalkers” wish to do them harm. 

A study that was conducted in 2015 with relation to purported victims of “gang stalking”, which involved 128 respondents, concluded that 100% of those cases, “reflected paranoid delusions,” and that claims of “gang stalking” are, “attributed to paranoia because they defied credulity.”

Well, as the city slogan goes, that’s certainly in line with keeping Portland “weird”. 

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

In other news related to Portland, one of the rioters from the city was recently convicted for their destructive endeavors from a September 2020 riot within the city. 

Here’s that report from earlier in February. 


PORTLAND, OR- A woman has been ordered to hours of community service and repay $46,000 in restitution for her role in a September protest in which the Multnomah County Justice Center in Portland was damaged. 

The Associated Press (AP) reported that on Thursday, February 11th, the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office announced that 21-year-old Hannah Lilly plead guilty to criminal mischief and arson in connection with the events that took place on September 23, 2020.

On September 23rd, Portland police declared a riot and arrested 13 people as hundreds had gathered outside the Portland Police Bureau’s Central Precinct. Lilly also admitted to aiding and abetting 21-year-old Cyan Bass, who has been accused of setting fire to the Justice Center.

According to the District Attorney’s (DA) Office, sentencing for Lilly’s arson charge has not been completed yet. For the criminal mischief conviction, Lilly received a year and a half of probation, 120 hours of community service, and must pay $46,000 in restitution to Multnomah County.

In a statement, the DA wrote that while on probation, Lilly is prohibited from “attending any demonstration that is declared an unlawful assembly or riot.” The Oregonian reported that the DA’s office said in a statement:

“The resolution of this case takes into account Lilly’s culpability to the actual damage done to the Multnomah County Justice Center and Lill’s lack of criminal history prior to this incident.”

Bass is still facing both federal and local charges. He has plead not guilty a serious of charges and his trial is currently pending.  

Back in December 2020, a Multnomah County grand jury indicted 21-year-old Bass after he was accused of throwing a destructive device at a police officer during the protest that was taking place on September 23, 2020.

Bass was charged with two counts of first-degree arson, one count of fist-degree attempted arson, two counts of first-degree criminal mischief, one count of first-degree attempted assault, one count of unlawful possession of a destructive device, one count of riot, one count of attempted assault on a public safety officer, and one count of unlawful use of a weapon. 

During the events on September 23rd, three police officers were hurt and demonstrators threw several Molotov cocktails. One officer was hit with a Molotov cocktail while trying to disperse the group.

Another Molotov cocktail was thrown towards officers near SW 3rd Avenue and SW Main Street and later another Molotov cocktail was thrown near SW Broadway and SW Main Street. A Molotov cocktail was also thrown in the front of a police van and burst into a wall of flame.

The Portland Police Bureau said rocks where thrown at upper glass windows of the precinct while fireworks and glass bottles were thrown at officers. According to the DA’s office, that night police said:

“They saw Bass holding a crowbar and using a slingshot or wrist-rocket to shoot projectiles through the windows of the PPB Central Precinct portion of the building.”

Police also believe that Bass threw a destructive device, which did not explode, in the direction of a police officer. When police arrested Bass that night, they reportedly found marbles, a crowbar, a slingshot, two lighters, and a clear bottle with an unknown liquid in his possession.

Out of the 13 people arrested on the night of September 23rd, charges were filed against Bass and two other people. Joseph Sipe who was charged with one count of riot and one count of unlawful possession of a destructive device. 

Calvin Jackson was charged with one count of felony riot and one count of second-degree criminal mischief. He was also accused of throwing rocks at the windows of Central Precinct and breaking at least one window. 

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  
Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts