Fake news! During his speech, Biden accused MAGA supporters of “killing several” police during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6th


WILKES-BARRE, PA – On Tuesday, August 31st, President Joe Biden gave a speech regarding his administration’s “Safe American Plan” and during his remarks he accused Trump supporters that were part of the riot at the Capitol on January 6, 2021, of “killing several police officers.”

According to reports, the statement came in reference to comments Biden recalled receiving at a G7 meeting in England after he became president. He said:

“You know, when I showed up, one of the things I learned as President, even though I had been Vice President for eight years and done a great deal on the foreign policy for the administration, I showed up at a meeting of the major democracies called the G7.”

He added:

“And I sat down, it was in England, and I said down for this three-day conference. And I said, ‘America is back.’ And Macron, the President of France, turned to me and said, ‘For how long?’ ‘For how long?’ Then we had a discussion with [Scholz] and all of them, everything. It just — ‘For how long?'”

The president continued rambling on:

“And one of them said to me, ‘Imagine, Joe, if you turned on the television in Washington, D.C., and saw a mob of a thousand people storming down the hallways of the parliament, breaking down the doors trying to overturn an outcome of election and killing several police officers in the meantime. Imagine. Imagine what you’d think.”

Biden added:

“What I find even more credible is the defense of it. Cops attacked and assaulted — assaulted; speared with flagpole, with flagpoles; sprayed with mace; stomped on, dragged, brutalized. Police lost their lives as a result of that day.

Police lost their lives. One of the officers said it was worse than anything he had experienced in war in Iraq.”

He continued with his storytelling:

“So, let me say this to my MAGA Republican friends in Congress: Don’t tell me you support law enforcement if you won’t condemn what happened on the 6th. Don’t tell me. Can’t do it. For God’s sake, whose side are you on? Whose side are you on?”

As he kept talking, Biden told conservatives that they’re either on the side “of the mob” or the side of the police. He claimed:

“You can’t be pro-law enforcement and pro-insurrection. You can’t be a party of law and order and call the people who attacked the police on January 6th ‘patriots.’ You can’t do it.”


According to the Post Millennial, yes three police officers did die in the weeks and months after the riot at the Capitol. However, it was four Trump supporters that died on the building’s grounds that day.

Five officers died in the weeks and months following the attack, with one of these officers dying the day after. According to authorities, Brian Sicknick died from injuries sustained “while physically engaging with protesters.”

Later, the D.C. medical examiner determined that Sicknick suffered a number of strokes following the riot that lead to his death. The medical examiner did, however, add that “all that transpired played a role in his condition.”

Four other officers died in the months following the attack at the Capitol, all of which were reportedly by suicide. Those officers were: Jeffrey Smith, Howard Liebengood, Gunther Hashida, and Kyle DeFreytag.

As of this writing, over 800 people have been charged in connection to that day and while a small portion of the crowd were violent, attacking cops and defacing the building, a large portion of the crowd had either remained outside or wandered aimlessly inside.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Report: Suspect who threw Molotov cocktail at Capitol police has been arrested – but it’s not the first such recent attack

July 7th, 2022

WASHINGTON, D.C. – According to a report from Fox News, the U.S. Capitol Police have arrested the man who allegedly had not one, but two Molotov cocktails in his possession — one of which he threw at officers — near Union Station on the afternoon of Wednesday, July 6th.

The suspect, identified as 26-year-old Bernard L. McCutcheon, attempted to make a run for it when officers approached him around 3:30 p.m., after allegedly hurling one of the unlit cocktails at an officer and dropping the other.

Acting Assistant Chief of Police for Uniformed Operations Sean Gallagher said in a statement:

“Both of our officers were treated for minor injuries. Thankfully they are going to be OK. We appreciate their quick action that, without a doubt, kept the community safer.”

Police stated that one of the cocktails was made with a tequila bottle stuffed with a sock and a petroleum-based accelerant. Officers also found two more bottles of liquid inside a backpack at the scene.

McCutcheon has been charged with two counts of assault on a police officer, one count of possession of a Molotov cocktail, and one count of assault with a deadly weapon.

In a separate incident, an Indiana man who threw Molotov cocktails at police and broke windows in downtown Portland, Oregon, has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.

The suspect, 25-year-old Malik Fard Muhammad reportedly traveled with his girlfriend from Indiana to Portland during the height of the social justice protests back in 2020 and just before his sentencing, U.S. District Judge Marco A. Hernandez asked:

“Everybody wants to know what happened to you? How did this happen?”

To which Muhammad responded:

“Lots of frustration with the system and frustration with not being heard.”


He also said that he “led peaceful protests” in his home state of Indiana and met with the governor there, but “felt unheard and dismissed and things just escalated to a point that I can’t take back.” The judge pressed further:

“I mean, you’re a bright guy … So, I was just wondering that your thought process was that suddenly put you in the position where you thought that this was OK, this was the thing to do, where people could get hurt or killed? I’m having trouble grasping how you got there.”

Muhammad responded:

“I have trouble with it, too. I was manic at the moment. I wasn’t on the medication.”

The suspect’s public defender, Assistant Federal Public Defender Fidel Cassino-DuCloux, claims that Muhammad has been diagnosed with bipolar disorder and post-traumatic stress and that he has been on medication since his federal arrest. Muhammad told the judge:

“I just regret my decisions and if I could take them back, I would. I’m here now to atone for them.”

Federal prosecutor Adam Delph stated that Muhammad threw a Molotov cocktail that landed 15 feet from a police vehicle on September 5, 2020, outside the Penumbra Kelly Building in Southeast Portland and threw a similar device at a line of officers in downtown on September 23, 2020.


According to court records, the cocktail that landed in front of a line of officers near the downtown Justice Center created a large flame that scorched the uniform and lower leg of Portland Police Officer Dustin Barth.

Delph also said that in October of 2020, Muhammad smashed out windows of the Oregon Historical Society and a Portland State University building with a metal baton. The prosecutor said that Muhammad provided other rioters with baseball bats to break out downtown windows just before running from police with a loaded handgun.

Delph said that the 10-year sentence, reached after plea negotiations between federal and state prosecutors as well as Muhammad’s defense lawyer, should send a message of deterrence to others. He added:

“If you come into this district to sow discord, to commit further violence and to exacerbate these issues, you’ll be held accountable.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Man shot and killed while tossing a firebomb at police. His brother claims the Molotov cocktail was just a protest.

May 22nd, 2022

RALEIGH, NC – Reuel Rodriguez-Nunez was fatally shot, and now his brother is blaming the police for their use of deadly force.

Jensel Rodriguez-Nunez said that his brother was engaged in the act of protest when he tossed a Molotov cocktail at a police officer on May 7th.



On May 7th  Rodriguez-Nunez drove into a Raleigh Police Department (RPD) parking lot at approximately 1 p.m. He allegedly began throwing fecal matter and urine at the station’s main entryway.

Reuel Rodriguez-Nunez was setting cars on fire prior to removing a gas can and a container from his vehicle. He placed several white cups on the ground poured the liquid into them and sat down.

At about 1:18 p.m. Lieutenant M.F. Schabel was on the scene. He soon contacted dispatch and requested Raleigh Fire Department assist with the police vehicle set on fire.

The suspect allegedly tossed liquid at police officer Schabel’s vehicle, followed by a Molotov cocktail. Schabel was in the car during this and quickly reversed the car.

Nunez said about his brother: “My brother was special. He was funny. He was loving. He was caring. He loved people.”


An early report by Raleigh Police Department reveals a different person than what Nunez described.

According to police and the early report, they say that Nunez showed up in a minivan and started to throw Molotov cocktails. He allegedly burned police cruisers and ignored police requests to stop what he was doing.

Police say a commanding officer approached Nunez, and he then allegedly tossed one of the firebombs near the officer, just missing him.

Police radio information hears an officer saying:

“He is trying to throw Molotov cocktails at us.”

Officers then began to open fire, releasing approximately 30 rounds.

There was an approximate 6-minute time-lapse between Schabel’s initial arrival from the police discharging their weapons.

Officers tried life-saving procedures until the arrival of EMS. Nunez died of his injuries at the hospital.

His brother commented:

“To me, he was just shot like an animal. He was not a psychopath.”

While his brother says he did not struggle with any mental illness, he did have confrontations with the law. Recently he spent time in county jail, and his brother thinks this is where his anger began to grow.

He said:

“Personally, I believe that my brother was protesting.

Maybe protesting things that he saw in (jail).

It was a way of protesting.

I think this was taken personal.

Like, ‘Let’s just get this guy over with, shoot him! Shoot him!

It was just one person.”



Raleigh Police released a five-day report which tells the disturbing details about what happened during the incident.

Raleigh police noted that the early report had some errors regarding the chronological order of events and submitted a new timeline.

According to the updates, Nunez came into the parking lot at 1:02 pm in his minivan. The report reveals that two police vehicles and one private vehicle were in the lot. Additional cars were not present in the lot. Also included in the updated report, Reuel Rodriguez-Nunez is heard saying to officers:

“Today… is my day… to… move on.”



The updated report explains that Senior Officer B.A. Beausoleil, Master Officer P.W. Coates, and Officer M.M. Oreskey were present during the incident.

Beausoleil recurrently told Nunez, “do not do it,” “don’t do any more,” “don’t do it,” and “don’t do it, bro.”

Nunez ignored the officer and hurled flaming liquid at Schabel’s vehicle.



RPD detectives later discovered that Nunez’s van and description matched those of a suspect who attempted to set fire to gas pumps at a convenience store the night before the incident.

Police protocol places officers involved in a fatal shooting on administrative duty.

This is the second instance of Raleigh police shooting and killing someone in 2022.

In January, Daniel Turcios was shot and killed by police.

At first, the Raleigh Police Department said Turcios was thought to be intoxicated. Autopsy results argued that point and found Turcios had caffeine and nicotine in his system during the time of death.

The five-day report said five officers responded to the crash incident.

Several 9-1-1 calls had come in reporting the crash.

Officers who arrived at the scene said Turcios, his wife, and their two sons were in the overturned car.

Police said, witnesses allegedly told them Turcios had a knife. When officers noticed the knife they took out their weapons and yelled to Turcios to drop the knife.

He refused to drop the knife. He proceeded to walk away. A stun gun was used to stop Turcios.

A struggle began and two shots were fired. Turcios was knocked to the ground. Three more shots were fired. The report said almost five seconds had passed between the first two shots and the last three.

The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) is investigating the shooting. Findings will be sent to the Wake County District Attorney. Raleigh Police Department and the RPD Office of Professional Standards are conducting investigations as well.


Billions in border wall materials rusting away under Biden, may be sold for 'pennies on the dollar'


Welcome to 2021: Dozens of cars burned, police attacked as ‘enrichers’ set off molotov cocktails to ring in New Year

FRANCE – Despite the government enacting curfews, outlawing fireworks, and deploying police and soldiers, France witnessed chaos and vandalism in what has become a recurrent phenomenon on New Year’s Eve.

Multiple cars were set ablaze and violence against emergency services spread across the country.


The unwanted tradition has evolved as a way to protest in France, with most of the vandals being poor. They justify their actions as “defiance” for lack of economic opportunity in the country.

Time Magazine explained the reason for the annual uprising:

“While annual figures may fluctuate, they’ve generally swelled since the late 1970s, when French suburban youths first started burning cars as a way to get the attention of society, the media, and politicians.

“Later the practice became an ambush tactic to draw law and fire authorities to the scene — where they’d then be attacked by gangs. Now the act works as a manner of daily protest against alienation, discrimination, and the indifference of more affluent French society.”


Forty-one vehicles were set on fire, and police officers, gendarmes, and firefighters were targeted by fireworks in Angers. The fires began in the city around 10 p.m. on New Year’s Eve and continued until about 2:45 a.m.

Multiple fireworks were set off despite a prohibition on sales of fireworks in the region. The fireworks targeted emergency services on several occasions.

Forty-nine police officers from Angers were supported by a mobile gendarmerie squad of 57 soldiers. Two men, including a 16-year-old, were arrested.


In Bordeaux, about thirty cars were burned, including a police vehicle. Several barrels and pieces of furniture were lit on fire in the streets, and barricades were set up. The post office was set on fire, but firefighters quickly brought the blaze under control.

Police reported that they were targeted with mortar fireworks, however, there were no injuries or arrests in the city.

Lyon was not spared from the violence. Despite 400 police officers mobilized early New Year’s Eve throughout the metropolis of Lyon, multiple cars were burned. Authorities, while not releasing exact numbers, stated that the violence was lessened from previous years because of pandemic restrictions in place.


In Alpes-Martitimes, about 25 vehicles were burned, and firefighters doused almost 70 garbage fires. In the city of Nice alone, there were 45 trash fires and 17 car fires extinguished by firefighters.

Police and emergency services were also targeted by mortar fireworks in Nice and the surrounding area. One officer suffered an eye injury in Canes in what the police union described as “willful violence.”

Paris, traditionally a hotspot for violence on New Year’s Eve, reported a decrease in violence from previous years. According to newspaper Le Parisien, there were only six cars burned in the suburbs of Yvelines.

Strasbourg, unlike other regions, reported that the number of cars torched this year was greater than in previous years. Several arrests were made and minor injuries were reported.


The hard-hit area saw the only fatality of the night. In the village of Boofzheim, a 25-year-old man was decapitated by mortar fireworks. The victim had joined friends celebrating the New Year, and they went outside to launch fireworks at the edge of a field.

The man and a friend went to check on a mortar that failed to fire. As they approached, the mortar detonated. The man was killed, and the friend suffered facial injuries.

A local resident, Olivier Baumann, reported:

“They were very polite, very nice young people. They wished us a happy new year, it was very happy, and two minutes later it was hell, there were screams. The detonation was loud enough”.


The sale and purchase of fireworks had been banned in the area throughout the month of December.

Mayor Eric Klethi said:

“There have been border controls, but unfortunately internet sales are very difficult to control.

“It’s one accident too many, probably a malfunction, a delay in ignition. The two young people wanted to control the device and the rocket left at that time.

“Let’s stop playing sorcerer’s apprentice. I appeal to the youth, that this type of accident does not happen again. It’s ugly on January 1st, we have other wishes to make than to manage a family and human disaster.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Got him! North Carolina man charged with attempted murder of an officer, faces $5 million bond

GASTONIA, NC – A North Carolina man is in custody after allegedly committing several robberies before getting into a shootout with police. Thankfully no one was injured during the shooting.

The suspect in the case, Charles Thomas Cole, has found himself in jail after Gastonia Police allege that he went on a violent crime spree that ended in a shootout with police.

Cole was charged with seven counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon, three counts of attempted first-degree murder on police officers, first-degree kidnapping, two counts of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and theft of a firearm.

Cole’s alleged crime spree started when police responded to an armed robbery outside of an office building on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Way on December 17th.

In that case, Gastonia Police report that two people were standing outside of an attorney’s office when Cole allegedly approached them armed with a gun.

Cole allegedly demanded money and property from both but only received property from the male. Cole then allegedly fled the area on foot without firing any shots and was not located on that date.

Then on December 29th, Gastonia Police responded to a Waffle House on West Franklin Boulevard for a reported armed robbery. In that case, police allege Cole entered the restaurant and began threatening employees with the gun, demanding money.

Once he received the cash from the restaurant employees, he then threatened an elderly female customer, also demanding cash from her. After he received money from her police allege that Cole took off on foot fleeing from the store.

Cole then allegedly went to a nearby parking lot in which a dark colored Dodge Ram truck had been parked. Cole then allegedly fled the parking lot until officers who were responding to the robbery observed the Ram on North King Street and West Rankin Avenue.

As officers stopped the vehicle, Gastonia Police allege that Cole opened fire on the officers. The officers returned fire which caused Cole to reenter the Ram and flee the area.

Thankfully, no one was injured during the shooting and Cole was able to evade officers attempts to apprehend him that night.

Police continued their search for Cole and the truck he was allegedly last seen driving which was located on December 30th in front of a residence on North Pryor Street.

Detectives with Gastonia Police authored a search warrant for the residence which was executed on the same date.

When detectives entered the home, they located Cole and allegedly items that had been taken from some of the robberies.

Thankfully, Cole was taken into custody without incident for the robberies and attempted murder of the police officers he allegedly shot at on December 29th.

The judge in the case assigned a $5 million bond in the case.

Gastonia Police Chief Travis Brittain released a statement on the investigation:

“We are thankful for the peaceful arrest of Mr. Cole. The incidents leading up to his arrest show the dangers that our officers face. We appreciate the support of the public and dedication of our staff.”

Gastonia Police Department has not released any information pertaining to Cole’s criminal history nor explained why the judge set the bond at that amount.


Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today? With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing! (See image below.) Thanks for being a part of the LET family!

Facebook Follow First

Submit a Correction
Related Posts