Baton Rouge man arrested for raping 10-year-old girl he contacted through social media

Share:

BATON ROUGE, LA – A man in Baton Rouge is facing some serious charges after authorities allege that he raped a child who is 10-years-old.

Authorities say that this alleged predator used social media to contact the young victim. 

According to officials from the East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office, 20-year-old Jacob Parker had initiated online communication with the young female victim.

After meeting the young victim online, the young girl told investigators that Parker had picked her up from her home and brought her to his house on Aug. 15.

Baton Rouge man arrested for raping 10-year-old girl he contacted through social media
Jacob Parker – East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office

At the time that the alleged rape transpired, the 10-year-old girl had been reported missing and was subsequently found in Parker’s bed when police arrived at the home.

Upon Parker’s arrest on Aug. 15, he was said to have admitted to investigators that he had the young girl perform unspecified sexual acts on him while she was at his house.

Parker has been charged with first-degree rape and is currently being held within the East Baton Rouge Jail. He’s currently being held on a $200,000 bond for the charges.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters? Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you. Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories. Click to check it out.Babies are being wounded and murdered as violence skyrockets in Kansas City and around the country

In other disturbing crimes involving children, a man who was said to have used a child as a human shield in Columbia, South Carolina was recently taken into custody after a firefight with police. 

According to the Lexington County Sheriff’s Office, a shootout took place on Aug. 9 that involved a child being used as a human shield at one point. Additionally, two sheriff’s deputies were reportedly injured.

Luckily, reports indicate that the child was not harmed during the fray.

Sheriff Jay Koon stated the deputies were responding to a domestic violence call when things escalated quickly. Deputies responded to an apartment complex where the call originated from, and at some point during the interaction, 27-year-old Albertus Lewis was using a child to shield himself from potential fire.

During a press conference, Sheriff Koon noted the type of mental state one would have to be in to even fathom the thought of using a child as a shield from gunfire:

“When you have somebody that’s going to challenge a law enforcement officer with a handgun and use a child as a human shield, that’s not normal.”

While details are scant at this time, Sheriff Koon stated that while Lewis and two deputies were injured during the incident, the child came under no harm. The suspect and both deputies are expected to survive from their sustained injuries.

Deputies wounded trying to save child who was being used as a human shield during a shootout with police
Albertus Lewis – Lexington County Sheriff’s Office

Deputies had been called out to the home in question six times since April of this year, and the interaction that led to gunfire was a result of the second time deputies were called out to the residence that day.

Regarding the suspect Lewis, he apparently has a sordid past when it comes to gun violence. During the recent shootout, Lewis was apparently out on bond for a Richland County murder charge stemming from 2017. Police say that the Richland County case involved Lewis shooting his then-girlfriend, and then leaving her outside a hospital emergency room, seated in a wheelchair.

The investigation into the shooting that played out on Aug. 9 is still ongoing.

Please follow Law Enforcement Today to receive updates as this case develops further.

Meanwhile in Atlanta, Georgia, a case involving a child accidentally shooting himself leads to one prohibited possessor getting arrested. Interesting that felons can still manage to secure guns despite gun control laws preventing that very thing. 

A 31-year-old male was taken into custody after a toddler was said to have accidentally shot himself in the head.

The two-year-old boy was said to have been transported to the hospital in critical condition after the incident, and the man arrested was said to have been a felon in possession of a firearm.

It’s unclear what status the young boy is in currently, outside of reports of him being in critical condition when sent to the hospital.

However, 31-year-old Dontavious Wells is facing a slew of charges currently following the self-inflicted gunshot incident.

Wells has been charged with reckless conduct, theft by receiving a stolen firearm, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, and cruelty to children in the second degree.

Based upon how the current charges are stacked, it seems as though the firearm used in the incident wasn’t obtained legally by Wells.

Dontavious Wells
Dontavious Wells – Atlanta Police
Atlanta Police had first responded to the scene at around 10 a.m. on Aug. 8 after a call came in about a child shot in the head within the 2800 block of Delray Drive NW. Police say that a single gunshot wound was present on the toddler and first responders immediately rushed him to the hospital. Detectives detained numerous people on the scene at the time, and so far everything points to an accidental discharge by the toddler’s own hands.The investigation is still ongoing. Please follow Law Enforcement Today to receive updates as this case progresses.—Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
 
Facebook Follow First
Share:
Related Posts