Anti-Taliban “resistance group” says White House ignored their calls, stayed silent as Afghanistan fell

Share:

PANJSHIR PROVINCE, AFGHANISTAN- The Biden administration has made it clear that they don’t give a rip about the Afghan people being left behind as they turn tail and run, leaving countless numbers of Americans and Afghan allies behind.

So little do they care that the administration has cut off communication with the National Resistance Front, an anti-Taliban resistance group, the Washington Examiner reports.

According to Ahmad Massoud, spokesman for the resistance movement, he said the Biden administration hasn’t been in touch since Taliban insurgents gained control of Afghanistan.

“I tried to reach out. Unfortunately, we haven’t received any type of response from them,” said Ali Nazary, head of foreign relations for the group of resistance fighters. “We don’t see an interest at the moment for the resistance.”

In a statement to the Examiner, Nazary said that the stronghold held by the resistance fighters in northeastern Afghanistan’s Panjshir province could be used as a point of refuge for those stuck in Kabul, where a Thursday terrorist attack killed hundreds of people, including at least 13 U.S. service members, while injuring at least 18 more.  

Nazary said it had been “months” since he last had contact with the White House and called the silence a “lack of interest” from the Biden administration.

“They know I’m here. But we haven’t received any interest,” he said, according to the New York Post.

The National Resistance Front is thus far the only group providing any type of resistance to the Taliban.

“We haven’t received an invitation. We haven’t received any requests. It is surprising to us that this is the only resistance against the Taliban, the only force left against terrorism, the only force that is providing safe haven for thousands…but they haven’t given this option any consideration.”

After Thursday’s terrorist attacks outside the Kabul airport, Nazary suggested that groups stranded in the country could be sent to Panjshir.

“We believe the latest development with the suicide bombings make our case stronger because we’ve been warning the current administration, we’ve been warning all our Western partners…that international terrorism is stronger compared to 2001,” Nazary continued. “It shouldn’t be ignored,” the Examiner reported.

The resistance group should not be ignored in that it could provide an important ally for the United States and other countries who still have people stranded in the war-torn country.

Nazary said the resistance movement could be an essential partner in counterterrorism efforts inside Afghanistan.

“These are the last allies the United States has. If these allies are not on the ground, it will be very difficult to fight terrorism inside Afghanistan in the future,” he said. “There is still a threat…This is just the beginning.”

On Wednesday, head White House media propagandist Jen Psaki was asked if the administration had been in contact with the resistance fighters and Massoud in particular, and whether they had the administration’s support “or are they on their own?”

Psaki, as she always does punted the question.

“It’s a great question. I’ll have to talk to our team on the ground to see if there’s any more specifics we can provide.”

On Thursday after the terrorist attack, the White House was once again pressed on the question if they would be reaching out to Massoud. They did not provide any further details when asked.

The administration has however been in contact with Taliban leaders as the U.S. gets ready to grab its collective ankles and meet the random Aug. 31 deadline for the U.S. to leave the country.

According to Reuters, the Resistance and Taliban leaders engaged in a round of talks on Wednesday in order to get some kind of negotiated governance agreement both sides could come to an agreement on.

“We want to make the Taliban realize that the only way forward is through negotiation,” Massoud told Reuters.

Both sides agreed to a cease fire of sorts until they have the opportunity to engage in a second round of talks.

Last week, National Security Adviser Jake Sullivan lied to the Washington Examiner when he claimed U.S. trained Afghan forces had dissolved as the Taliban advanced through the country.

“Afghan forces appear to have essentially—are no longer operating as a coherent entity,” Sullivan said, however would not answer a question on the relationship with the Afghan army going forward.

In response to the terrorist attack, Biden made the claim that it was “ISIS-K” that carried out the attack and they were “enemies” with the Taliban. It was of course the Taliban that let the ISIS terrorists out of prison at Bagram Air Base, which U.S. forces abandoned ahead of the Aug. 31 deadline.

As of Friday, the U.S. had evacuated around 105,000 people, both Americans and Afghan allies since Aug. 14 according to a White House official. It is believed there are still some 1,500 Americans in the country, although the State Department has no idea exactly how many there are.

The New York Post said it reached out to the White House for comment, however they didn’t receive a response.

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

In the “who could have predicted this” department, here is a story we wrote where Biden said “terrorists may seek to exploit” the issues in Afghanistan. Days later, terrorists struck outside Kabul airport, killing thirteen U.S. service members and scores of Afghan civilians. In case you missed it, we invite you to:

DIG DEEPER

WASHINGTON, DC – President Biden refused to give details on the U.S. plan for evacuations ongoing in Afghanistan, citing a risk that “terrorists may seek to exploit” the chaos if the United States does not leave the country soon.

In a televised speech from the White House Sunday evening, Biden said U.S. forces were communicating and coordinating with Americans in Kabul, working to get them to Hamid Karzai International Airport for evacuation.

He also said that forces have increased the perimeter around the airport to make it easier for people to arrive at the site safely. He refused to go into detail, but again insisted that any American who wanted to leave could do so:

“Our first priority in Kabul is getting American citizens out of the country as quickly and as safely as possible. But I will say again today what I’ve said before — any American who wants to get home will get home.”

The President then admitted that terrorists were a concern inside the country, including ISIS-K, an off-shoot of the ISIS caliphate that was destroyed in Iraq and Syria.

As the United States struggles to evacuate Americans and Afghans who aided the U.S. military during the war, an operation that has deteriorated into panic and chaos, the President spoke to the American people about the risk of terrorists inside Afghanistan:

“We know that terrorists may seek to exploit the situation. We’re under no illusions about the threat.

“We are maintaining the constant vigilance to monitor and disrupt threats from any source, including the likely source being ISIS-K, the Afghan affiliate referred to as ISIS-K.

But every day we have troops on the ground. These troops and innocent civilians at the airport face the risk of attack from ISIS-K at a distance, even though we are moving back the perimeter significantly.”

Since the President ordered the withdrawal of American forces from Afghanistan, the country has fallen into chaos as the Taliban took hold of power faster than Americans expected. As the evacuation began to look more like a retreat, the Taliban declared victory over American and has begun re-instituting Sharia law.

Americans have been harassed and assaulted making their way to the airport to be flown out of the country, and many Afghans who worked for the U.S. as interpreters and other support staff have been left behind.

Despite the operational failures, President Biden praised the progress of evacuations during his comments:

“I’ve continued to make progress since I spoke to you on Friday. We have moved thousands of people each day by U.S. military aircraft and civilian charter flights.

“A little over 30 hours – in a little over 30 hours this weekend, we’ve evacuated an extraordinary number of people, as I will detail in a minute: about 11,000 individuals. That number will change day to day as the air and ground operations in Kabul vary.”

Former Trump Secretary of State Mike Pompeo criticized the withdrawal from Afghanistan, saying “it did not have to be this way.” He oversaw President Trump’s plan for withdrawal, which Biden rejected when he came into office.

Pompeo said the military should have been the last out of the country:

“So, President Trump had made clear in his campaign, he wanted to get our young men and women home as quickly as he could. We were striving to achieve that.

“He also made very, clear both when I was CIA director, but more directly to me when I was the Secretary of State, that we had a second objective—and that was to make sure we could do so in a way that was orderly, that got equipment home, that got American civilians out, and then protected our second objective there, which was to continue to be able to reduce the risk that we ever had an attack on the homeland from that place.”

Pompeo said the failed withdrawal could increase the risk of terrorism as Afghanistan provides ungoverned space for training camps:

“We shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that this terror threat is a global risk—we have to make sure we confront it, not just in Afghanistan, but every place we find it.

So, I do think if we get that piece wrong, and it appears that the collapse of the Afghan military because of the poor decision-making and planning of the Biden administration…

“It absolutely increases the risk of that whether it’s a month or six months or a year from now—that radical Islamic terrorists will have an ungoverned space in which to begin to plan and plot.

And it will be even more difficult than it needed to be to measure these plots and make sure we’re able to interdict them or take them down before they’re able to strike.”

Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity
Afghanistan veteran and former CIA analyst: Biden lied, did not prepare for evacuation in Afghanistan

August 17, 2021

 
In an MSNBC Deadline episode on August 16, 2021, Afghanistan combat veteran and former CIA analyst Matt Zeller took President Biden to task over what he characterized as Biden’s lies about the situation in Afghanistan, notably including the preparedness for evacuation of U.S. allies there.

Zeller started out the interview with an immediate jab at the president.

Anchor Brian Williams said about Joe Biden’s speech:

“He owned it.  He owned his decision.  He owned the fact that, as he put it, the buck stops with him.”

Zeller replied:

“I hope he gets to own their deaths, too.”

 

Also regarding Biden’s speech on Afghanistan, Zeller went on to say:

“I feel like I watched a different speech than the rest of you guys. I was appalled. There was such a profound bald-faced lie in that speech, the idea we planned for every contingency? 

“I have been personally trying to tell this administration since it took office. I have been trying to tell our government for years this was coming. We sent them plan after plan on how to evacuate these people. Nobody listened to us. 

“They didn’t plan for the evacuation of our Afghan war-time allies. They’re trying to conduct it now at the 11th hour.”

Indeed, as recently as July 30, Zeller publicly put forth some of those recommendations in an opinion piece for CNN.

Comparing the situation in Afghanistan to the situation in Vietnam, Zeller pointed out in the piece:

“Afghanistan is a landlocked country – we do not have the luxury of an ocean and boats to aid us in the evacuation of the more than 70,000 Afghan wartime allies estimated in need of rescue from certain Taliban death….

“We are going to need the largest airlift since Berlin after World War II.”

Adding that the Biden administration’s plan at that time for evacuation was “not enough,” he added:

“The Afghan military cannot defend or move these people. Only US troops can do it. 

“Now, we have two options before us. Either we accept the mass murder of people we made a promise to save or we take bold action. 

“I argue we must do the latter.”

Zeller continued his opinion piece by saying that evacuation should be done by retaking air fields and air evacuating from air bases.

Otherwise, he stated:

“Anything less than this bold action all but guarantees our allies and their families who are left behind will die gruesome deaths that the Taliban may film for the world to see.”

In his recent Deadline interview, Zeller critiqued Biden’s speech further, saying:

“We had all the people and equipment in place to be able to save these people months ago, and we did nothing.

“I’m appalled that he [Biden] thinks we only need to take 2,000 people.  There’s 86,000 people who are currently left behind in Afghanistan alone.  We’ve identified all of them for the government.

“I have no idea why he claims that people don’t want to leave Afghanistan.  I have a list of 14,000 names right now, of people who want to get out of Afghanistan.”

Regarding blaming the Afghan military, Zeller continued:

“And the idea that the Afghan military should be blamed for this?

“Do you know how many casualties the Afghan military took in an average year?  More than the United States did in twenty….

“How dare us for having to blame these people for not having the audacity to be able to survive a Taliban onslaught?”

Sharing the cruel reality of what really happens at the hands of the Taliban “Nazis,” Zeller also told Williams:

“I have Afghans on the ground right now who are telling me the Taliban going door to door in Kabul and making lists of people who used to work with us. They’re telling them with smiles on their face, evil smiles. They will be back for them once we leave. 

“So we either take them now, or these people are going to die. I have been trying to tell anyone who will listen that this is a never-again moment in the making. This is an administration that seems to be a profound champion and defender of human rights. Well, sometimes, human rights have to be defended at the barrel end of a gun. 

“The Taliban are a modern version of the Nazis….. 

“Every Afghan we leave behind is going to be left to a horrible existence, and if we don’t take them right now, that is as much on us as it is on the Taliban, who will hang or behead them.”

Later in his MSNBC interview, Zeller also passionately shared with anchor Nicolle Wallace:

“I’m not going to sit and listen to a president that I voted for. I was happy that this man took office. I’m now appalled at that speech. I’m not going to sit here and have him lie to the American people. 

“We did not plan as a government for this contingency. The American people, the advocates who have been pleading with the government, did plan for it. You can go to our website, evacuateourallies.org.  It’s been up for months. 

“We had a plan in writing.  I tried to give it to them. I have receipts.  I put those out on social media. 

“No one got back to us. No, no, no, no, I’m not going to let them get away with this. We have to take these people. If we don’t take these people now, they are going to die.”

Zeller went on to say:

“So we should be doing everything we possibly can to get these people out.  We have the means to do so.”

Referring to a previous opinion piece he wrote in April saying we would need the largest airlift since 1948 to evacuate allies in Afghanistan, Zeller concluded the interview by emphasizing again the Biden administration’s choice to ignore evacuation plans:

“We have been screaming this for months.  No one listened.”

Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
 
Facebook Follow First
Share:
Related Posts