Alec Baldwin Pleads Guilty


NEW YORK – Alec Baldwin pleaded guilty to a second-degree harassment violation stemming from the assault and battery incident when he punched a man during a dispute over a New York City parking spot late last year.

The hotheaded actor appeared Wednesday morning in a Manhattan courtroom, where he agreed to the district attorney’s recommendation that he attend a short anger management program as part of his plea, reported FOX News.

Moreover, the prosecutor said at the hearing that they were able to go over video and complaints. Since Baldwin, 60, didn’t have a criminal record, they recommended a violation charge of harassment in the second degree.

As part of the sentence, Baldwin will also have to pay a mandatory surcharge of $120 and provide proof of payment and completion of the anger management courses by March 27. Consequently, photographs and video evidence of the incident will be destroyed upon disposition of the case.

Alec Baldwin
Alec Baldwin, the hotheaded actor, will be required to attend an anger management course as part of his plea agreement. (Gage Skidmore)

The actor’s lawyer had no comment as he left the New York City courtroom.

Baldwin previously denied punching anyone in the Nov. 2 clash. However, police said at the time that Baldwin and the man started arguing and pushing each other after the man parked in a spot that the actor said a family member was holding for him.

Although the D.A. said Baldwin did not have a criminal record, the New York dustup was not his first run in with the law for the notoriously tantrum-prone star. Baldwin was cuffed in 2014 after he became “belligerent” with a police officer who stopped him on his bike after he was riding in the wrong direction.

NYPD told Fox News at the time that Baldwin, who had no identification on him, “refused to [identify] himself, became belligerent, cursing and yelling. He was then placed in handcuffs.”

Baldwin went on a Twitter rant after that arrest, posting the arresting officer’s name and badge number. The actor tweeted that he was taken into custody while “photographers outside my home ONCE AGAIN terrified my daughter and nearly hit her with a camera. The police did nothing.”

Related Posts