Little boy, 11, who was shot repeatedly survives long enough to tell police who killed him and his family


ST. PAUL, MI –A heroic 11-year-old who was shot multiple times was able to tell officers before he died that his mother’s boyfriend shot him and killed his mother and sister, according to a criminal complaint filed Tuesday.

Tekeith Jones, 26, was charged with three counts of second-degree intentional murder for the shooting deaths of 33-year-old D’Zondria Wallace, 30, her 14-year-old daughter La’Porsha and her 11-year-old son Ja’Corbie at their home in St. Paul on Saturday.

Jones’ first court appearance was scheduled for Tuesday.

On Saturday, police received a call reporting that three people were dead inside a St. Paul residence and that there was blood everywhere. The first officer arrived on the scene around 3 p.m. at the home in St. Paul.

The officer struggled to enter the home because La’Porsha’s body was blocking the doorway. Once inside, police found the mother, D’Zondria Wallace, lying face down on a couch.

The complaint stated D’Zondria was shot twice and La’Porsha was shot 10 times.

Ja’Corbie was breathing and making a “gurgling noise,” according to the complaint. He was shot twice in the back. Inside the home, police recovered 14 shell casings.

Responders asked the boy who had shot them, and he replied, “Keith,” who he said was his mother’s boyfriend. Ja’ Corbie was rushed to a local hospital for surgery, but he died at 6:18 p.m. at the hospital from gunshot wounds.

Surveillance video from a neighbor’s home showed a man wearing dark clothing peeking outside the apartment about half an hour before the victims were discovered. The man ran from the home and fled in a 2015 Jeep Compass with a damaged front end.

A Minnesota state trooper observed the vehicle on Highway 61 and contacted a slender, black male. The man claimed to be out of gas, and the trooper told him he would return after responding to another incident. When the trooper returned, the man was gone, and the Jeep’s keys were left on the seat.

The trooper towed the Jeep, which was able to be matched to the Compass driven from the shooting scene. The police contacted the vehicle owner, who said that a man called “Santana” took her Jeep without permission.

Additional surveillance video recovered by officers showed the same man entering an address on Jessie Street after being let in by a woman.

A nephew of D’Zondria told police that Jones had been violent toward his aunt in the past and fired a gun at her in December but missed. The nephew added that Jones was known to always carry a semi-automatic pistol with an extended magazine. The nephew added that D’Zondria has started dating someone new on January 10.

Moesha Whitehall, D’Zondria’s cousin said she did not see any problems between her cousin and Jones:

“There were no warning signs. They seemed both happy together. He went to family outings with us, which makes it even worse that somebody we welcomed into our family broke our family apart.

“We’re feeling anger, frustration, even blaming ourselves at some points that we could have protected them better,” Whitehall said. “I wouldn’t wish this on anybody. It’s been really hard. And now, knowing that we have to plan three funerals, it’s going to make it even more emotional for us.”

A SWAT team arrested Jones in St. Paul on Sunday. After his arrest, Jones told police he had been in Minnesota for eight to 12 months, and that he carried a gun for protection from people who had killed his brother a few months earlier.

He told police he believed he was being set up for his brother’s murder.

In an interview described by police as “rambling,” Jones initially denied shooting the victims. Eventually, Jones told them that he had killed the three to save them.

He said he was “going through a life experience he didn’t understand” and that he was going to save them so they wouldn’t have to go through what he did.

“Hell yeah, I saved them – they can go up there and be holy.”

Jones told police that he was “not a monster” and that he “kissed them all.” He said he was trying to keep the victims from feeling the pain that he felt, according to the police complaint.

Ramsey County Attorney John Choi issued a statement regarding the triple shooting:

“My heart sinks to know that a mother and her two children were taken from us in such a senseless and violent way. We will do everything in our power to bring justice to the victims and our community in this case.”

A GoFundMe has been created to help with family funeral expenses.

 Do you want to join our private family of first responders and supporters?  Get unprecedented access to some of the most powerful stories that the media refuses to show you.  Proceeds get reinvested into having active, retired and wounded officers, their families and supporters tell more of these stories.  Click to check it out.

LET Unity

Texas man found in bed with the bodies of the wife and children he’d just killed

December 20, 2020

COPPERAS COVE, TX – A man from the hill country area of Texas allegedly killed his family, and was found laying in bed with their bodies.

27-year-old Bryan Richardson of Copperas Cove, Texas, near both Austin and Killeen (Fort Hood) allegedly stabbed his wife and their two children to death over the weekend, and lay in bed with the three dead bodies.

Police responded to the Richardson home on a welfare check and found him covered in blood, lying next to the dead body of his wife, Kiera, and their two young children. 

Screenshot courtesy of KCEN TV and YouTube

According to a criminal complaint, Copperas Cove police officers asked Richardson what happened and he responded he didn’t know. 

The report also indicated that police also found a blood-covered kitchen knife on a table, an empty six-pack of beer and an empty bottle of prescribed antidepressants.

Police also found the family’s dog in a pool of blood in the kitchen. 

The motive for Richardson’s alleged acts has not been disclosed.  He has been charged with three counts of murder and is being held in jail on $2.25 million bond.

In other shocking news, a Lancaster, California, man was arrested for Friday allegedly killing and decapitating his son and daughter.  It gets worse. 

The children were decapitated, and the man’s two other children were forced to cohabitate with the dead bodies for five days before the crime was discovered.

Firefighters initially responded to a possible gas leak at the house in the 45000 block of Century Circle after 7:30 a.m. Friday.

Upon entering, they discovered the bodies of a 12-year-boy and 13-year-old girl, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said in a news release.

L.A. County Sheriff’s Department Lancaster Station deputies were immediately summoned to the scene, where they “learned that the deceased male and female both appeared to be suffering from lacerations and stab wounds,” the release states.

Detectives subsequently arrested Maurice Taylor Sr., who police described as a black 34-year-old male, for “the murder of his 12-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter.”

He was booked at Lancaster station and is being held with a bail of $2 million.

In what seems like a chain of horrible events, a young Tupelo, Mississippi model and mother of two was allegedly run over and killed by the father of her youngest child last weekend.

Family and friends are remembering her as an “angel” this week. 

Brittany Phillips, 26, was pronounced dead after being struck by a vehicle and taken to a nearby hospital on Saturday, November 28. 

Angel Boatright, Brittany Phillips’ friend, told WCBI Tupelo:

“Brittany was the kind of person that once you had just one conversation with her, you realized she just wasn’t all looks. … She had so many of her own opinions. She would do anything to improve anybody’s situation or anything they were going through.”

Phillips’ mother, Stacie, is remembering her late daughter as “a successful model, aspiring student, and a loving mother to two children.”

James Heath Kitchens, 30, was charged with manslaughter in the death of Brittany Phillips and then released on a $25,000 bond.

Kitchens is reportedly the father of Phillips’ youngest child, a 10-month old, whom the pair shared photos together with on social media.

He is a former police officer in Tupelo, Mississippi, where he worked from January 2019 until May 2020, the department told WCBI.

Deputies from the Lee County Sheriff’s Office and officers from Oktibbeha County police were called to Riviera Road, where Phillips was struck around 8 p.m. following what police have described as a domestic dispute.

Rachel Phelps, a close friend of Phillips, told WCBI:

“That was the mother of his child that he ran over.

“He’d been abusive. There are so many people that know what she’s been going through for a long time and we just want justice for her and her babies because he took their mother from them.”



Want to make sure you never miss a story from Law Enforcement Today?  With so much “stuff” happening in the world on social media, it’s easy for things to get lost.  

Make sure you click “following” and then click “see first” so you don’t miss a thing!  (See image below.)  Thanks for being a part of the LET family!
Facebook Follow First
Related Posts